• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Freezing the 6 o'clock dial on Omega Speedmaster

nsquared

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/07
I'm have an Omega Speedmaster 'Moon' (manual wind) watch on it's way from Ruby. I know that the 6 o'clock dial does not function correctly - it follows the movement of the hour hand and I know that there is a way to freeze the hand. I've read instructions here on how to do it.

But I have no watch modding experience at all and I could not do this work. Who could I contact on the board about doing this work for me?

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Try Katt or G. They are Trusted Watchsmiths here.

Francisco

23/12/07
I am ready to publish a tutorial showing how to do it... I will try to do it tomorrow.

some pictures of the future tuto:

modg.jpg

pegak.jpg

img4643x.jpg

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Ask and ye shall receive! Thanks, Francisco. Can't wait to see the tutorial.

14060 or 16610?

Renowned Member
2/3/07
Thanks for posting that Francisco. Should be an easy mod for anyone with reasonable A7750 experience.

nsquared

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/07
Thanks Francisco! Unfortunately, I have no experience working on watches. Can anyone in the CONUS offer to do this mod on my watch? Contacted Katt, but had no luck.

Francisco

23/12/07
Thanks Francisco! Unfortunately, I have no experience working on watches. Can anyone offer to do this mod? Contacted Katt, but had no luck.

the watch shown in the tuto is not mine, so I am offering the mod.

regards,

Francisco