• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken Omega but which numerals ?

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
Hello guys,

i got my used 42mm Ultimate (v5) from australia nice user sold it here :)

Gonna Franken it, with gen Dial, Datewheel, Hands, crown, tube, he valve and so on.

But one Problem, i cant decide if i should buy the white or orange numerals dial. The bezel gonna change to black immediately. but what about the dial ?

Any Suggestions ?

cheers

P.S. Pictures:

5eys3a76.jpg

7wxwxfyh.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Me, I would go black bezel. Then the Orange numerals for the beach, casual. White for all other occasions. I rock the white, it's classic for me. Love it.

rileywiley

Known Member
9/5/12
I just picked one up with the white numerals but I wish I had waited and found the orange ones. Orange just seems more interesting.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Black bezel white numbers on steel for dress and black bezel orange numbers on rubber for fun!!!!

:lol:

rileywiley

Known Member
9/5/12
Haha yeah that is exactly what I think I am going to do. This hobby is going to get expensive.

goonx

Known Member
18/4/12
Had the same dilemma and went with black and white.

Orange is more sporty and white is classy. So it really depends on your own taste and fashion. The white letters is more versatile and you can wear the watch anywhere.

I would say don't get two of the same reps - one of them will be left in the box. The liquidmetal might get repped someday so i would say get that if it ever comes out. There's plenty of sexy watches that are non-upo out there.

p.s. you already have the orange numerals so maybe just get a white numerals and you swap between the gen/rep dial

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
Hi,

im a student so my budget is limited ;) ! Swap the dials ? No, if its done, its done and hopefully waterproof.

Maybe later the thing gets also crystal, gen bezel and so on, if im crazy real case :D. Then i could buy a used gen. But hey so i have a project ;)

Another question, no one wears his omega with a nato strap ? Why that ?

This looks great or this one

cheers

P.S. here interesting history of ALL diving watches

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
If I surf or hit the river I always switch to NATO. I love my PO's too much.

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
Hello Q5,

can you advice me a dealer with good nato straps ?

cheers

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Hi,

im a student so my budget is limited ;) ! Swap the dials ? No, if its done, its done and hopefully waterproof.

Maybe later the thing gets also crystal, gen bezel and so on, if im crazy real case :D. Then i could buy a used gen. But hey so i have a project ;)

cheers

"Maybe later the thing gets also crystal, gen bezel and so on,"

You poor soul, how many time have I seen this said including myself :)

JFM

18/2/11
I say Black Bezel Orange numbers. Although, I really like the Orange Bezel Orange Numbers also. I'm already looking very hard for an Orange, Orange combo on bracelet.
Check this out!
UPORubber2.jpg

UPORubber1.jpg

UPORubber3.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
And my Fr5GPO on Gen rubber......

SAM_1344b.png

goonx

Known Member
18/4/12
Hi,

cheers

I personally don't dig rubber straps. Doesn't look classy enough although the new JLC rubber bracelet has got me thinking maybe it's not so bad. As of now, leather or SS bracelet.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I personally don't dig rubber straps. Doesn't look classy enough although the new JLC rubber bracelet has got me thinking maybe it's not so bad. As of now, leather or SS bracelet.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Will this help? :lol:

SAM_1364b.jpg

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
Hello,

i think, i stick with the black bezel and white numerals, just classy. The new planet ocean is going to be in orange, i think!

Gesendet von meinem X10i mit Tapatalk 2

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I experimented with orange bezel and black/white dial.

Came out pretty clean IMO...

cfdb45a4-ef35-24c5.jpg

cfdb45a4-ef56-b627.jpg