• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franck Muller dial

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
I don't know if there is some sort of similar gen or not.
To me it is just an interesting case and dial.

DSC_0204(1).JPG

DSC_0181(1).JPG

DSC_0511.JPG

DSC_0521(1).JPG

DSC_0543.JPG

DSC_0539.JPG

DSC_0158a.JPG

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Love the tonneau case, and FM makes some really unique and beautiful dials (of which your photography shows so clearly).
This one, however, I could not tolerate due to the glaringly fake Tourbillon movement.
Get yourself a Color Dreams Crazy Hours and take some pics of that. Now THAT watch will blow some minds!!
(I sadistically have always wanted to wear one and tell people I've just had my eyes dilated while holding it out and asking them to tell me what time it is)

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
(I sadistically have always wanted to wear one and tell people I've just had my eyes dilated while holding it out and asking them to tell me what time it is)

Now you made me laugh so frantically I woke up my 2 year old kid, damn you!!!
God I´m tired... HAHAHAHAHAHA!

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
Fake Tourbillon

Yes, I know about the "fake tourbillons" on many reps. But I don't think of them as poor impostors. Rather, to me allowing the balance wheel to show creates a small window into the "heart beat" of the watch. I appreciate the design for that view and have wondered why we didn't see visible balance wheels long ago. They don't have to be presented as "fake tourbillons." Why cannot they just be "visible balance wheels?" I don't find it the least bit objectionable to design a dial that allows you to see the "heartbeat" inside the movement. After all, quartz movements "don't have a heart," so to speak. Does anyone know why balance wheels were not routinely visible in watch dials? Why did it take the invention of the tourbillon before someone thought to cut a hole in the dial? And would anyone actually really want to own a tourbillon movement? Too expansive and few watch smiths would know how to service it.

SMIDSY

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
is it sad that I can look at a rep like this and tell immediately what Chinese movement they used :(