• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Found my old Seamaster Professional rep. Need help modding.

jy6221

7/7/09
Hi,

I am an admitted noob. However, I’ve tried my best to sort through the noob guides etc... Though apologies in advance for any repetitive dumb questions.

Since joining RWI I’ve been obsessed with modding the simple rep flaws that can greatly improve appearance. I recently found my Seamaster Professional pre 1997 version and have spotted a few of the flaws that I learnt of reading through posts, mainly:

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1154

1. My insert is not aligned correctly with the bezel.
2. My strap has screws rather than pins.
3. Insert colour is off as well as scratched.

Now the strap I can figure out, however, I’ve been unsuccessful in removing my bezel to replace and realign the insert. I've tried the method mentioned within the link above. Moreover, I’ve even tried with a felted flat head tool to leaver it off. Neither methods have worked.

Any ideas regarding bezel removal will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

dsc01033h.jpg
dsc01034a.jpg

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
If the insert is being stubborn, and the bezel won't budge, you need to remove the movement and pop the crystal. This will give you access to the insert.

jy6221

7/7/09
Not sure how to do that or what tools I would need. Also, if I was to remove the movement, I’m assuming that the watch would lose its water resistance unless re sealed??? Thus far it’s been water tight, I’ve even been diving whilst wearing it with no issues. I went about 20 meters down.

Either way, I would appreciate instructions on how to open and remove the movement. Alternatively, are there places I can send it to for mods?

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Have you tried using a hairdryer to heat the insert up and soften the glue?
Just heat it up with a hairdryer until it's nearly too hot to hold, then using finger and thumb, apply pressure to the insert and twist it to the desired position...it worked for me... :wink:

jy6221

7/7/09
Good idea, i'll try that tonight. I'll let you know whether it worked. If successful i'll post some pics. Just out of curiosity, do you think that this method could losen the insert enough to remove? I would also like to replace it with a new insert i've purchased.

jy6221

7/7/09
Anyone know hoe to open the back? Like what tool and where to purchase? Also how to reseal once open?

Thanks

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
I use an 'horb' basically a soft rubber ball, you can get one for a few dollars off the bay...works everytime... :wink:

jy6221

7/7/09
Hi,

Can someone tell me how to remove the movement? I got the back off, though, could see how to detach the time adjustment wheel pin (apologise not sure what this is really called).

Thanks