• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Follow up on Suppaparts mesh order...>>

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Ordered direct from Thailand 5-14, shipped "airmail priority" 5-16, arrived today 6-06...apparently Thai planes fly slow....
I'm impressed by the overall quality of the bracelet, the deployant clasp is firm and tight, but I'm using the Plopper clasp anyhow...
I only had to remove 1 of the expansion links to get it dead center on the plopper adjustment range.
With this bracelet, the watch is very comfortable for a 1/2 pound chunk of metal on my 8.75" wrist..
This combo finally constitutes a "keeper"....
Caution!! .... The springbars shipped with this bracelet are of the type that once inserted, they are nearly impossible to remove without destroying them...By all means, be sure to substitute shouldered springbars if you plan on ever removing the bracelet from the watch head !!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Believe me levelmanroger we cant see either so our frined maybe is lying... Shame on you frankt8242!!! lol

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
I didn't include any pics >>>

Since there are dozens of them from other folks...But if it'll stop your bitchin' I'll take a few!! LOL

OK...Here's some quick and dirty shots from my G-5:
IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Here's my "slipping clasp fix:
IMG_0017.jpg

I just superglued a 1mm thick piece of rubber bracelet trimmings to the bar to keep the folding arms from releasing the very poorly designed adjusting bar...
and here are the springbars from hell:
IMG_0013.jpg

Once these snap into place, only a wrecking bar will get them out!!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I gather he must have ordered a mesh bracelet? And installed it on a... watch of some sort? Timex? Fossil? Casio? Something nice I'm sure.

Aza

Renowned Member
26/12/10
Good choice. Really like mine on the Ploprof.