• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fist purchase with Sead- ARF 116500

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Hi guys,
after some research I decided to buy an ARF Daytona. I contacted Sead that assured me that we can do it before CNY. I will report my first experience with him here. Until now he was very fast with answers and today I paid.

06/01/20: payment

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
09/01/20: waiting for QC - email sent to sead1999 to ask for the progress.

until now very good experience anyway. Will keep you posted

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
13/01/20: still waiting for QC. Communication has been good, Sead assured me again that he will try to get it before CNY. I’ll trust him.
Update soon

JohnnyBe

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/1/16
Dont overworry,
Sead is a pleasure to deal with and always delivers!

Reactions: Kayatsu1

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Totally sure about the fact he is trusty and he always delivers, I just would like to avoid the long wait for CNY.
Here I am just reporting my experience, so people can have an idea of what the process is. Until now perfect experience.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Unfortunately CNY holiday are mostly started and I still don’t have even QC. I know this can happen but since I asked three times before buying if I could have the watch before CNY and the answer was always yes, I asked for refund if he can’t get the watch.
I cannot blame Sead for anything, he tried to get it and until now he was kind and responsive but we had a different deal then this.
Hope to hear from him soon.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Unfortunately CNY holiday are mostly started and I still don’t have even QC. I know this can happen but since I asked three times before buying if I could have the watch before CNY and the answer was always yes, I asked for refund if he can’t get the watch.
I cannot blame Sead for anything, he tried to get it and until now he was kind and responsive but we had a different deal then this.
Hope to hear from him soon.

If this is THE WATCH you want , then don't see the sense in requesting refund ? You will have to wait for the refund before you repurchase ( unless you are going to pay another dealer while waiting for your funds to be returned ) . All other dealers will be effected by CNY as well . If the watch is available SEAD will get it ,if not you will have to wait till available again . This will be the same with all the other dealers as they use the same factories /sources . I would just stick with Sead and if you have to wait for the watch for reasons outside Sead's control then so be it , have a little patience. Switching to another dealer will just elongate the process further , as they will face the same delay in the supply chain if there is one . I can vouch Sead will get you the watch with his usual excellent QC i'm sure he is working on getting your watch as quickly as he can .

Last edited:
Reactions: Kayatsu1 and 5t3f4n

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
If this is THE WATCH you want , then don't see the sense in requesting refund ? You will have to wait for the refund before you repurchase ( unless you are going to pay another dealer while waiting for your funds to be returned ) . All other dealers will be effected by CNY as well . If the watch is available SEAD will get it ,if not you will have to wait till available again . This will be the same with all the other dealers as they use the same factories /sources . I would just stick with Sead and if you have to wait for the watch for reasons outside Sead's control then so be it , have a little patience. Switching to another dealer will just elongate the process further , as they will face the same delay in the supply chain if there is one . I can vouch Sead will get you the watch with his usual excellent QC i'm sure he is working on getting your watch as quickly as he can .

+1
I don’t get what’s the point in asking for a refund when you still have to wait for CNY with every other single TD.

Underpaid illegal chinese workers still need vacation, you know :D

Inviato dal mio iPhone 11 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kayatsu1

12/10/19

Thanks for your advice, well, my idea was not to switch dealer since Sead is responsive and kind but to let CNY pass, since it’s a long wait. There is a 4130 version coming soon (rumors) and if I had to wait more then one month according to me would have been better to wait and see what happens.

Anyway Sead, quick as always, told me that he has two options for me, he doesn’t know if tomorrow they will deliver but we will see together.

Please just note one thing: usually I am patient and ready to long waits, this time with CNY is different and I specified that from the very beginning. The only reason I bought now was because of that.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Thanks for your advice, well, my idea was not to switch dealer since Sead is responsive and kind but to let CNY pass, since it’s a long wait. There is a 4130 version coming soon (rumors) and if I had to wait more then one month according to me would have been better to wait and see what happens.

Anyway Sead, quick as always, told me that he has two options for me, he doesn’t know if tomorrow they will deliver but we will see together.

Please just note one thing: usually I am patient and ready to long waits, this time with CNY is different and I specified that from the very beginning. The only reason I bought now was because of that.

Still don't see why you'll take a watch if Sead can get it before CNY , but want a refund if he can't . Anyway why don't you sort it out privately with Sead ? Don't know why new members need to write a complete run down of their purchases , nobody gives a cluck chap .

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoenixboy

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Ignoring the rude comment above, I just want to thank Sead because he was fast, kind and communicative and he respected his promise. Yesterday I received the watch, I think there are problems with the movement but it’s not its fault and we are already in contact for that. Other than that it’s very nice.

Great seller and great experience.

Thanks