• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First wrist shot of my new Planet Ocean Ultima

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
here are the first shots of the POU I received yesterday from Andrew.
The watch is biiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggg, my wrist is 7 inches and I probably need to get used to it.
Normally I used my Rollies with 40mm, this is maybe too big, let's see, it feels funny. Have seen other postings about this big feeling. Wondering if the 42 mm would have been the better watch.

First shots, I will work on some good ones.

Bild037.jpg

with less light and charged

Bild036.jpg

Bild036-1.jpg

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
is the pearl empty ?

anyway, from the picture, the 45mm fill your wrist perfectly imo..

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
No, the pearl has lum in it, look @ pic 1, see the green?

Thanks for the comment, mayby in 2 days I will be used to it and not wear any 40mm watches anymore :D :D :D :D

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
the pearl looks recessed, like on the gen. imo... :)

go try out a 42 at an AD?

spotsbimmer

Horology Curious
5/12/06
Mine is also from Andrew, a stand-up guy. Does your HE valve feel like it has a gasket in the crown? You may consider loctite or supergluing that stem in place or you'll lose the HE valve crown, mine didn't have a crown gasket so I had to add one, also the back was on very loosely. All fairly easy fixes .

Andrew recommends pressure testing before getting it wet.

Does the glass on your pearl sit flush? Mine sits up a tiny bit and you can feel the glass edge.

Other than these tiny things, it's a great watch. Enjoy.

:wink:

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
Geez that thing looks big on your wrist... I've been wondering the same, my wrist is 8" and I'm concerned. Gonna have to make a trip to the AD..

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Looks like my does not have gasket, what did you do?
The glass edge on the pearl is perfect, no problem at all.
The back is also ok

spotsbimmer said:
Mine is also from Andrew, a stand-up guy. Does your HE valve feel like it has a gasket in the crown? You may consider loctite or supergluing that stem in place or you'll lose the HE valve crown, mine didn't have a crown gasket so I had to add one, also the back was on very loosely. All fairly easy fixes .

Andrew recommends pressure testing before getting it wet.

Does the glass on your pearl sit flush? Mine sits up a tiny bit and you can feel the glass edge.

Other than these tiny things, it's a great watch. Enjoy.

:wink:

Caseydog

22/3/06
The ultimate PO is a nice watch, but it still has an issue with the gap between the case and first link.

I wear big watches (44mm Pams) and I find that the 45mm PO looks silly on me (I have 7 1/2 inch wrists). The problem is the length of the lugs (too long for the case) and the lug width (22mm is too small for such a large watch). I've owned both the 42 and the 45mm and neither of them really struck a chord with me.

Same problems with the gens of these watches.

haveblue

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/06
Casey,

Isn't that gap present on the Gen PO ?

My research shows that it is present on it too.

EDIT - Oops....I went back and re-read your post, and you already had mentioned that the gen's have the same problem. Sorry. :D

dtan888

Renowned Member
3/1/07
Carefull.... once you go big -- its hard to go back to smaller size... at least it happens to me..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

spotsbimmer

Horology Curious
5/12/06
You'll have to remove the movement to get at the HE valve assembly, the HE valve consists of a 1. stem screw 2. tension spring 3. crown 4. crown tube

I got various size o-rings from my local watch supplier and put one inside the HE valve crown tube and then put a larger one one underneath the crown. I suspect the factory gasket is a flat gasket and not a o-ring, but I had to improvise. My PO has been in the shower with no problems.You can find various instructions for taking apart a watch on this board and others. But if you have a jeweler do it it shouldn't be too expensive since it didn't take all that long and just a couple of gaskets. Just be sure to glue that stem on the crown because the thread assembly is NOT well machined between the HE crown and stem (picture a FAX of a FAX)

Green with envy that your pearl glass sits flush, perhaps I can heat mine a bit, remove it and glue it down flush. Sounds simpler than my original idea.