• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time watch buyer

Hubertcumberdale

Looking Around
7/9/22
Hey everyone!
I am new to the forum but have lurked around debating about buying a watch. Recently through the reddit page /reptime I found a site (geektime) and found a watch that looked really nice. I was debating between two watches, one that had a full description (Standard submariner VSF Super Clone 3235 with Automatic Movement) and a sea dweller that did not have any info but just the photos. Is this normal? Is there a certain model that's better than the other? And once purchased what steps will I be faced with?
Sorry for all the questions!
Best,

Hubert

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome aboard Hubert,

Firstly, to clear up any confusion, Geektime is not a TD, the T stands for Trusted, and is a list of vetted dealers, approved by RWI, with the full list below:

Am not saying to buy, not to buy, from Geektime, that's your decision, as at the end of the day it's your money, but if it were me I would go with one of our 24 TDs. Each TD has member reviews and I would recommend researching them before sending your hard earned money.

If Geektime is aying they can access a watch, the likelihood is that any of our TDs can too.

As for the steps, I would recommend reading the FAQs below (in addition to all the other stickied threads in the NewMembersArea) to help familiarise yourself with the process, it's not Amazon click and collect :)

Best of luck & happy shopping

IAmRobTV

Sort of a big deal
4/1/22
United States
Hey everyone!
I am new to the forum but have lurked around debating about buying a watch. Recently through the reddit page /reptime I found a site (geektime) and found a watch that looked really nice. I was debating between two watches, one that had a full description (Standard submariner VSF Super Clone 3235 with Automatic Movement) and a sea dweller that did not have any info but just the photos. Is this normal? Is there a certain model that's better than the other? And once purchased what steps will I be faced with?
Sorry for all the questions!
Best,

Hubert
Hey, it totally can get confusing with the different traders and the plethora of different options offered by each vendor. I personally use Eric - Geektime and have bought three watches from him and it has gone pretty well. On the topic of Submariner's, I have heard great things from VSF, but personally most of my Rolex watches are Clean Factory so I purchase Clean Factory from Geektime. There are pros and cons to each watch, but in my humble opinion, this Clean Sub is pretty outstanding. Hope I answered some of your questions!
-
https://geektime.watch/product/subm...1mm-black-ceramic-904l-on-ss-bracelet-vr3235/

IAmRobTV

Sort of a big deal
4/1/22
United States
Welcome aboard Hubert,

Firstly, to clear up any confusion, Geektime is not a TD, the T stands for Trusted, and is a list of vetted dealers, approved by RWI, with the full list below:

Am not saying to buy, not to buy, from Geektime, that's your decision, as at the end of the day it's your money, but if it were me I would go with one of our 24 TDs. Each TD has member reviews and I would recommend researching them before sending your hard earned money.

If Geektime is aying they can access a watch, the likelihood is that any of our TDs can too.

As for the steps, I would recommend reading the FAQs below (in addition to all the other stickied threads in the NewMembersArea) to help familiarise yourself with the process, it's not Amazon click and collect :)

Best of luck & happy shopping
Very true! ^ RWI has a ton of trusted dealers and you could message them aswell.

Reactions: P..DR..D

mrtwelvetwelve

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/22
Although it is NOT a trust dealer, I have bought from Geektime and the process was good. Took about 3-4 weeks to CONUS.