• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time replica buyer

AYahoo

Looking Around
4/6/12
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum, and to the replica business, I've read the FAQ, and I'm looking for some good advices.

I Would like to purchase the "OMEGA Seamaster – James Bond 007 50th Anniversary Edition"
omega-seamaster-professional-james-bond-007-50th-01.jpg

I'm looking for a good seller, and a replica that if possible is water resistance, and crystal glass for scratch resistance.

Any advice is welcome!
Thanks,
Asaf.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
No replica available for this one at the moment...

OmegaPOFL

Renowned Member
10/3/09
I thinkk I've seen this at watcheden.

Go to the dealers section and PM them with the picture.

Good luck :)

Sent from iphone with tapatalka

Chris v.

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/12
If its available great first choice. Check out the dealers they might be able to source you one similar.

Sent from my IPhone 4

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
If you find it, never believe dealer claims of waterproof. If you intend to submerge ANY rep, get it sealed at tested yourself at a local watch smith or through one here on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Last I heard, ceramic SMPs were not available yet. If you do in fact find something, post some photos... :)

AYahoo

Looking Around
4/6/12
If you find it, never believe dealer claims of waterproof. If you intend to submerge ANY rep, get it sealed at tested yourself at a local watch smith or through one here on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? at PureTime, the good quality rep, are >50m... I can't get it to the shower & sea?

(I'm a diver... but I don't intend of taking the reps to dive with me.. but for normal daily use?).

Thanks for the info guys....
Asaf.

And on the same matter, I know that you Strongly recommend not to purchase from an unknown dealer, but maybe he is known and I didn't find him on the forum:

Email I got from Hoping Vicky <[email protected]>:

Thanks for your interest in our watches.
Yes, the watch is water resistance and the glass is crystal and scratch free.
We will offer you 3 years free warranty for the watch, if have any quality problem, you can return the watches in 30 days.
If you want to buy the watch now, you can just make an order for it.
We will prepare the watch as soon as the payment is done.

Regards,
Vicky,
Sale-swiss.com

Is it a scam? 3 year warranty?
Thanks again, and sorry for all the questions :) don't want to pay a few hundreds buks for nothing...

GFlansburg

Renowned Member
29/12/11
Really? at PureTime, the good quality rep, are >50m... I can't get it to the shower & sea?

(I'm a diver... but I don't intend of taking the reps to dive with me.. but for normal daily use?).

Thanks for the info guys....
Asaf.

And on the same matter, I know that you Strongly recommend not to purchase from an unknown dealer, but maybe he is known and I didn't find him on the forum:

Email I got from Hoping Vicky <[email protected]>:

We will offer you 3 years free warranty for the watch, if have any quality problem, you can return the watches in 30 days.

Regards,
Vicky,
Sale-swiss.com

Is it a scam? 3 year warranty?
Thanks again, and sorry for all the questions :) don't want to pay a few hundreds buks for nothing...

Its not a trusted dealer, so purchase at your own risk.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
No matter what the dealers say in ads you can't trust that a watch will be waterproof. At minimum you need to check for greased gaskets. I've had reps ship with no gaskets installed or gaskets without grease. So far, one out of 8 reps I've ordered have shipped with greased gaskets. The case back also typically isn't super tight. With the exception of my TC Sub, I've been able to remove every rep case back so far with a rubber ball.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Watch out for words like "exact" and "swiss" and especially anyone who goes by the name Hoping Vicky. Run and run fast.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Cybee is my brother from another mother. ;)

AYahoo

Looking Around
4/6/12
OK! I understand

Ok, it looks like you are all saying the same, so... I wont be the genuine pig...
I have like 4 items that I want to buy from puretime... I saw that he is a good source, now my thought are, should I buy all 4 to start with, or, buy one see the quality and then continue with the others? what do you think?

Thanks again for all the help.

Asaf.

tigertec

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/12
I'm pretty new here too.. I started buying in the replica sales by members section since they are mostly local sales (so you get them right away) and a little less expensive than a lot of the trusted dealers. Then I went for it and bought a couple from trevor watch.. He was really good with me. Puretime too I bought one for the girlfriend. I badly want that 50th anniversary bond too.

thran

9/7/12
I'm pretty new here too.. I started buying in the replica sales by members section since they are mostly local sales (so you get them right away) and a little less expensive than a lot of the trusted dealers. Then I went for it and bought a couple from trevor watch.. He was really good with me. Puretime too I bought one for the girlfriend. I badly want that 50th anniversary bond too.

You arent the only one, i also want the 50th anniversary , just waiting patiently to see when it finally gets repped

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07

Regards,
Vicky,
Sale-swiss.com
:rofl: