• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time buying a rep from the TD.

Jomodono

Do not accept unsolicited offers
3/7/22
Busan
I was scrolling through the list of TDs. And I realized there could be problems for anyone and everyone. Like the custom seizing the watch to delivery man stealing. To TDs sending the wrong product to to wrong person. Receiving an empty package Etc. And I am thinking of making a first purchase with puretime watch for my first Rolex rep 116610 ln vsf. What do you guys think of this? Just wanted you to know if it would be a good one for my first time.

donkacper

Respected Member
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Well, most of the problems that you've mentioned can happen to you when buying legitimate goods from regular online shops, they can send a wrong product by mistake or package can get lost, doesn't happen often but there's always that chance ;)
Anyway, any from the Trusted Dealers can get you the watch you want if only it is still produced, they source from the same factories and usualy they don't keep stock, so once you order they have to get the watch from factory.
Please also keep in mind that TD's sites are not updated on regular basis so it's always recomended to first check with the TD if the watch you want is still available, before you place your order.
Regarding your worries, they are called Trusted Dealers for a reason, they are reliable and they deliver, and if there is any problem with your order they will do their best to fix it.

Reactions: g00n

Jomodono

3/7/22
Busan
thank you very much for your information. I’m starting my purchase now :)

Jomodono

3/7/22
Busan
Well, most of the problems that you've mentioned can happen to you when buying legitimate goods from regular online shops, they can send a wrong product by mistake or package can get lost, doesn't happen often but there's always that chance ;)
Anyway, any from the Trusted Dealers can get you the watch you want if only it is still produced, they source from the same factories and usualy they don't keep stock, so once you order they have to get the watch from factory.
Please also keep in mind that TD's sites are not updated on regular basis so it's always recomended to first check with the TD if the watch you want is still available, before you place your order.
Regarding your worries, they are called Trusted Dealers for a reason, they are reliable and they deliver, and if there is any problem with your order they will do their best to fix it.
And also may I ask where I can ask for GL on QC pictures on the forum please?

donkacper

Respected Member
Certified
17/11/17
EU
thank you very much for your information. I’m starting my purchase now :)
Please also make sure that you use the website address and TD's contact that are listed in the TD section, as there are some sites pretending to be for example PureTime, so never google TD sites, only use the address listed here.

Reactions: g00n

donkacper

Respected Member
Certified
17/11/17
EU
And also may I ask where I can ask for GL on QC pictures on the forum please?
You can not.
Please do some reading of this section:

And maybe especially this one :

Jomodono

3/7/22
Busan
thank you for taking your time to explain everything and giving me really great info for a newbie. Like me. I was going through some things. And someone told me not to use a TD that asks to pay in credit card. But also pure time has also been around for very long that I also want to go with them. But they only accept credit cards now. What’s your opinion on this matter. Sorry for bombarding with so many questions.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
My advice with any TD purchase is NOT to order directly from their website. Get their contact details (email, WhatsApp or whatever) from their forum section here on RWI, and contact them directly to check they can source the rep you want. Then, you can usually make payment via the email thread, following their instructions. It's far better to do it this way, communicating directly with TD staff.

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
I was scrolling through the list of TDs. And I realized there could be problems for anyone and everyone. Like the custom seizing the watch to delivery man stealing. To TDs sending the wrong product to to wrong person. Receiving an empty package Etc. And I am thinking of making a first purchase with puretime watch for my first Rolex rep 116610 ln vsf. What do you guys think of this? Just wanted you to know if it would be a good one for my first time.
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and welcome to RWI!

You found the right place!

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (in all subsections), as they contain lots of information for newcomers and, most importantly, our forum rules which you need to know, and of course ideally to follow, to get the best out of your experience on RWI!

A good starting point is this list of links to the most important RWI resources:

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo during your time as a newbie. That's what we are here for!