• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time buying a rep and it's from Lucy

Nafa

Getting To Know The Place
26/7/17
I'll update the thread as the trade purchase is progressing.

Watch model: 116613LN

We started talking last week on wednesday, she found the watch I was looking for immediality and provided 2 alternatives, one cheaper(JP) and one a bit more expensive(noob v7).
She listed all the differences as I don't know much about the reps, she's very informative and very kind.

We agreed on the more expensive version, I sent the money Saturday and she confirmed the payment the following day.

Now I'm "patiently" waiting for the QC pictures :)

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
Louisiana
Lucy definitely takes her time with the QC process, but she is going to get you a good watch. From what I understand she "tests" out the watch before even sending you pictures.

Rest assured your going to get a great watch!

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
There is none better then Lucy. She hand picks every rep. Her process takes a little longer, but you get the best available. Just give her space and be patient.

Nafa

26/7/17
Update from Lucy, she found that there's some dirt in the clasp that can't be cleaned so she's sending it back to have it changed.
This is the reason why you buy from Lucy, you're practically guaranteed to get a flawless watch, I love it!

hor3pob

31/7/17
Sorry for asking this "newbie" like question but who's Lucy ? :) I assume she's a TD but what's her site / contact ? ;)

Nafa

26/7/17
Lucy got a brand new watch from Noob factory and the dirt on the clasp was solved but she said that the date on the watch is a little bit stuck so she has to send it back to the factory for another watch or for a fix.
We're closing in on 30 days after payment, but to make it clear it's not Lucys fault, if anything I'm happy that she's very careful & pays a lot of attention to detail to make sure I get a flawless watch.

I have a wedding to attend to on the 9th of September and this watch is supposed to be a gift, I really hope the watch will make it.

barryny

3/6/17
i don't think I'd ever give a rep watch as a gift?
Not sure about the longevity of the product....

Nafa

26/7/17
Got new QC pictures yesterday and noticed either smudge on the dial or it's just lightning, not sure. Emailed Lucy yesterday about it and waiting for a reply.

I have gotten a few PMs from new forum users who are interested in buying a watch from Lucy. I still haven't received my watch but for fair reasons, she makes sure you get a watch that's flawless (I hope).

I'll keep updating this thread as I get more information.

Nafa

26/7/17
Alright seems like everything is good this time, Lucy is supposed to send the watch tonight so let's see when it arrives :)

Nafa

26/7/17
Watch arrived today at the post office, I'll pick it up after work, hopefully everything is OK :) I'll post pictures later.

Nafa

26/7/17
I've received the watch but unfortunately it's damaged. The minute marker is just dangling towards the bottom of the dial and is not properly connected to the mechanism, also the crown is not smooth what so ever.

Either way I've informed Lucy regarding and this and I'm waiting for instructions on how to proceed next.

Goddamn this sucks :(

Nafa

26/7/17
Final update: Went to the watchsmith since the issue was rather small and fixable at a watchsmith. The price I paid at the watchsmith she'll discount me for the next watch, she's so nice!

Very happy with Lucy, she did everything she could as fast as she could.

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
and you are in time to give away as a gift, if I remember correct. thx for your updates and may the owner wear it in great health!

ps. to bad that this Lucy women is married :daydreaming:

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
Lucy is really is one of the best TD's we have. Post some pics of your watch when you pick it up.