• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep Watch Issue - Please Advise

alskdjhalskdjalskdh

Do not accept unsolicited offers
27/9/21
Hi all, I recently purchased my first rep watch from InTime. Specifically this one. I'm happy with it overall, but it seems that the rotor is pretty sticky and doesn't really wind when I walk normally. It does spin when I hit it against my hand, but the rotor sticks when I'm observing how it moves just under gravity.

Could someone please advise on my options? I've already contacted some local watch repair shops to see if they'd be willing to service replica watches, but I'm just wondering if there's anything else I can do.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I think the course of action you’re taking is the best one. Hopefully one of the watch repair shops will be happy to help - and not be like the majority these days, that run screaming in terror from anything more complicated than installing a new battery.

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
Hi all, I recently purchased my first rep watch from InTime. Specifically this one. I'm happy with it overall, but it seems that the rotor is pretty sticky and doesn't really wind when I walk normally. It does spin when I hit it against my hand, but the rotor sticks when I'm observing how it moves just under gravity.

Could someone please advise on my options? I've already contacted some local watch repair shops to see if they'd be willing to service replica watches, but I'm just wondering if there's anything else I can do.
Have you considered contacting the TD you purchased the watch from?

We are not service agents for the TDs.

alskdjhalskdjalskdh

27/9/21
Have you considered contacting the TD you purchased the watch from?

We are not service agents for the TDs.
I mentioned this is my first rep watch, so I'm very inexperienced with everything rep watch related. I thought to ask here in the New Members Area since I'm not even sure if this is something that TDs would help with.

Instead of condescendingly implying that I think you are service agents, why not actually reply with helpful information like whether I should contact a TD or not? Isn't that what this New Members Area is for?

Reactions: acesgerrard

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
I mentioned this is my first rep watch, so I'm very inexperienced with everything rep watch related. I thought to ask here in the New Members Area since I'm not even sure if this is something that TDs would help with.

Instead of condescendingly implying that I think you are service agents, why not actually reply with helpful information like whether I should contact a TD or not? Isn't that what this New Members Area is for?
I apologize if it came across that way. Wasn't my intention.

But "advise me on my options" is what I ask Amazon or eBay agents when I have a service issue. 😂

Reactions: FatJonny

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
And no, actually it's not really what this section is for. The correct section would be in the TD section, in the Intime sub section, to be precise.

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
Depending on where you are located you might find a member here who is willing to take
care of your Problem. TD may offer you a little discount on your next watch if you report
your iussu to him.
All the best.

alskdjhalskdjalskdh

27/9/21
And no, actually it's not really what this section is for. The correct section would be in the TD section, in the Intime sub section, to be precise.
My question is appropriate for this section. The question was not specific to InTime. The question was a generic "this is what happened, what can I do?" p0pperini and Winni1611 gave helpful comments. Another helpful comment would be "you should post in the TD section, they may be able to help you" instead of what you replied with.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Any problem with a recently purchased watch from a TD should be first discussed with the TD, ideally in private. Only they can advise on how to proceed. Intime could provide a partial refund or chip in for a local repair etc.

To be brutally honest, a complaint about a TD as the first post on RWI is generally frowned upon here, regardless of whether it is legitimate or not. The better practice is to contact the TD first.

We have people here every week who come in screaming and kicking (you are NOT among them!) about how they got "scammed by a TD" and usually their "career" on here lasts for a few hours before they get banned the same day.

Again, that does NOT apply to you, I'm just trying to explain our perspective and why we think the better practice than to post here is to privately contact a TD about a defective watch or any other service issue.

And no, this is still not the correct section: There's in fact a flame-free section where you can ask any question without fear of getting flamed, but this is not it.

It is next door. 😉

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Well, you have been here for well over a year, yet have not bothered to read, or search, which would answer your question. So I would hold off on attacking the staff.

That being said, emailing local shops is a good idea, another one might be to have a look in the Vendor section of the forum, where you can find forum watchsmiths, depending on your specific location or region.

There are also hobyists here, who are not really watchmakers, or at least not certified ones, but do tinker with watches and are able to help in some cases, like maybe yours.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Well, you have been here for well over a year, yet have not bothered to read, or search, which would answer your question. So I would hold off on attacking the staff.

That being said, emailing local shops is a good idea, another one might be to have a look in the Vendor section of the forum, where you can find forum watchsmiths, depending on your specific location or region.

There are also hobyists here, who are not really watchmakers, or at least not certified ones, but do tinker with watches and are able to help in some cases, like maybe yours.
wAtCh yOuR tOnE !!!!! :devilish:

alskdjhalskdjalskdh

27/9/21
So other posts in this New Members Area such as "How long does a watch from theonewatches.io take to process?" don't get a reply like "Have you considered contacting the TD you purchased the watch from? We are not service agents for the TDs." Why not be condescending to them? Questions like "What site is overall best to purchase from?" don't get condescending answers like "have you bothered to read the FAQ?"

Whether you all believe it or not, I did search specifically for this sticky rotor issue and replies to previous posts basically say to try to clean/oil it yourself or get it serviced. Nothing about contacting the TD, hence why I came to the New Members Area.

But ultimately it's whatever. I like my watch, I'm happy. Just wanted some advice.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
And we try to help you out.
How you choose to interpret what you read, is your fight and your responsibility.

@eBoy Wasnt condescending, nor was anyone else.

Asking you, if you tried to contact a TD you purchased from, is a legitimate question and one that might save you some mone on the service bill, when you eventually find your local watchsmith.

There's is lots of threads on autowind / rotor issues, so maybe you didn't search well enough, but that wasn't the point. You asked about what to do and had a thought of your own, to email local shops - so what you should have searched for, is how to find a watchmaker. And that my friend is one of THE most commonly asked questions here. It also has its own section.

Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
"How long does a watch from theonewatches.io take to process?"
That pertains to a mechanical issue with a recently purchased watch?
"What site is overall best to purchase from?"
That also pertains to a mechanical issue with a recently purchased watch?

None of your examples need the attention from the TD you purchased a defective watch from, but okay, I see where this is going.

Why does it make so little sense to you that you should contact the seller of a product that you say is faulty? I mean it's really common sense, not some rep world secret. 😆

At this point you're ignoring logic just to keep your ridiculous little personal crusade alive because you felt insulted by me, but I don't have time for this. My advice to you is: to get a thicker skin asap, bro. Otherwise Internet Forums are no places where you'll find happiness. 😂

No need to further engage.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…

Ok here is some good advice below : see link
It’s not uncommon for this watch to have some rotor noise or rotor issue and it’s something that can be addressed by a local watchsmith. Keep
Pursuing the local watchsmith option. You’ll also likely develop a good relationship with him/ her and will come in handy with your future rep purchases. If all else fails, contact the TD and arrange for a return. It can be done but you need to have patience. I’ve returned 3 watches to TD in China with no issues. ( took ages to get there but they made it safely )

Best of luck…..

alskdjhalskdjalskdh

27/9/21
That pertains to a mechanical issue with a recently purchased watch?

That also pertains to a mechanical issue with a recently purchased watch?

None of your examples need the attention from the TD you purchased a defective watch from, but okay, I see where this is going.

Why does it make so little sense to you that you should contact the seller of a product that you say is faulty? I mean it's really common sense, not some rep world secret. 😆

At this point you're ignoring logic just to keep your ridiculous little personal crusade alive because you felt insulted by me, but I don't have time for this. My advice to you is: to get a thicker skin asap, bro. Otherwise Internet Forums are no places where you'll find happiness. 😂

No need to further engage.
I think the main issue is the expectation that I have more knowledge than I actually do. I know close to nothing about automatic watches, didn't even know what a rotor was until yesterday. How would I know that it's a mechanical issue and not just something that is generally accepted when purchasing rep watches? If I actually knew it was something that would warrant contacting the TD for, I would have started with that.

Was not offended or insulted, I was expecting my first post to be more welcoming. I was curious as to what in my post garnered your initial reply.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I think the main issue is the expectation that I have more knowledge than I actually do. I know close to nothing about automatic watches, didn't even know what a rotor was until yesterday. How would I know that it's a mechanical issue and not just something that is generally accepted when purchasing rep watches? If I actually knew it was something that would warrant contacting the TD for, I would have started with that.

Was not offended or insulted, I was expecting my first post to be more welcoming. I was curious as to what in my post garnered your initial reply.
Don’t go back and forth debating. It’s wasted energy. Use what you have now to try and resolve your issue. Look forward to see how you go.

Reactions: p0pperini

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS

Ok, back to basics and the issue which started this. Does the watch autowind? If it's completely unwound and you pick it up and shake it a few times, does it start running? Does it maintain a charge while you wear it? If so then it's winding the movement and you are experiencing the joys of a unidirectional winding movement. Basically the rotor free spins in one direction and this is normal. You can speak with a forum watchsmith to see if they can quiet it some, but it'll never be silent. If it's not autowinding then this is an issue and you should have the movement serviced.

Reactions: p0pperini

AcmeSix

Getting To Know The Place
7/8/22
Florida

If you do not find a watchmaker willing to work on it send me a PM. I am in Florida and can put it on the bench and see what the issue is and if it can be repaired or not.