• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First rep purchasse. Thanks RWI.

Dimy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/17
I would like to share here my first time rep buying experience. Dont judge me too hard - still learning.
I am not new to the watch world. Own a collection of about 100 timepieces, all genuine. But in a completely different field, and a different story that I will not discuss here. However, my preferences are only to the mechanical/auto watches; and chronographs. Quartz doesnt belong to the watch is my point - no offense anyone. To each its own.
To be entirely honest this was not the first rep buying experience. The first one was... well, disaster. Long story short - bought a used Omega Seamaster chrono, from somewhere else. Paid almost double for what a new of the same watch could be and received a gate/ali kind of watch. The seller though was a nice guy and I got my money back. Considered as a learning curve. Story over.
Then I decided that there is no point to reinvent the warm water. And started all over again. Read multiple treads here, did some researches... hours and hours spent on looking and reading.
I always liked two particular makes/models. IWC and Omega. And as mentioned - I love chronographs so narrowed my search down to two watches. IWC Pilot and Omega Seamaster.
Being torn between the two I decided to bite the bullet... and went for both. As I was not sure which one I would like, and should I even like any one of them I figured that in worst case scenario I can resale them with some non significant lose.
And here is how it came:
- Choosed a TD. Wasn't easy as they are so many, the products are the same and prices very similar as well. Ended up with the one that was faster on the response. Technically the guy was responding right away, considering the time difference.
- Got answers to the few questions I asked.
- Put my order.
- Received the WU payment information.
- Paid, received the confirmation for payment received.
- Received QC.
- Refused one of the watches, received new QC, approved. https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/qc-pictures-bezel-finishing.404855/#post-3830268
- Choosed EMS as shipping due to the DHL customs issues.
- Received tracking number. Working perfect and very detailed.
- Watches arrived in four days. Nicely packaged, marked as 'alloy bracelet' with value of twelve usd lol.
- Eighteen days from contacting the TD to receiving.

At first both watches were loosing time, a lot. Like few min/hour. Terrible. But in two days both went to normal. The IWC is loosing around ten sec/day; and the Omega is gaining around five sec/day. Steady. This is not a concern for me as I am not expecting a super precise time keeping from a clone movements. Still have no explanation for the huge time lose at the begging. It may be because of the very low temperature they were exposed to for long time, but I am not sure.
Both watches looks exactly as per QC. I cant find any visual imperfection. There is very small and technically invisible imperfection or dust particle inside the crystal on the IWC. I dont blame the TD or whoever took the photographs. I saw it by chance on the third day. Completely invisible on day light - I can't see it now even I know where to look. Visible only on artificial light and under weird angle.
I am completely happy. Both watches are as close to gen as it could be - keep in mind that I have never seen the gens personally.
Replaced the IWC strap with another IWC one I had - nylon/leather. The one that was on was of poor quality, which I was aware of.
Thanks RWI for making my first buying experience as smooth as it was.
Thanks for reading. Hope it was entertaining and not too long and boring - promise to not write as long in the future.
038386002.jpg

038383685.jpg

038385944.jpg

chefzorba

20/5/16
Charlestown, SC
Congrats on the new additions! You’re well on your way down the black hole and filling watch boxes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk