• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep Order with Tony at Asian7750

Matt_555

Horology Curious
8/12/11
Firstly I would like to say Hi and introduce myself on the forum :lol:,

I am very new to the replica watch market and I have made my first purchase of replica watches through Tony at Asian7750. The two watches that I have initially decided to go for are;

1) TAG HEUER - CARRERA - CALIBRE 16 AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH 41 MM

(Silver black dials and outer section)

2) RADO SINTRA JUBILE (Black Gold)

Communication has been good, and to be honest has probably taken a longer period of time due to the amount of questions that I have asked. I am currently awaiting QC pictures.

I will keep this updated with my experience and take some pictures of the watches when they arrive which I am quite confident they will!

I would like to thank the people on this forum for providing an easier method of choosing dealers with the knowledge that you are much less likely to be scammed or ripped off!

****************** Update 06/01/2012

Hi,

I have now received the two watches listed above from Tony at Asian7750 and I am very pleased with both watches. Below is a quick timeline from initial contact to delivery in the UK;

09.12.2011 – Initial inquiry email to Tony @ Asian7750.com (lots of questions from me followed)
14.12.2011 – Payment made.
18.12.2011 – QC pictures of the watches provided (I then requested QC pics of the boxes and a lume shot)
21.12.2011 – QC pictures of both boxes and lume shot provided. I gave Tony the OK to process the order.
22.12.2011 – Item dispatched and tracking number provided.
29.12.2011 – Watches arrived well packaged (I also took a video of the unpacking process, both watches moving on arrival)

So that is a total of 20 days from first contact to reception of watches in UK, no customs issues!

Here is a screenshot of the EMS tracking sheet which was actually quite good at logging the watches whereabouts. I must have checked this more than 100 times as it was my first purchase, but I really had no need to worry.

WatchTracking.jpg

I have erased the shipment number and postcode for obvious reasons.

The watches themselves

TAG HEUER - CARRERA - CALIBRE 16 AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH 41 MM

Here are some of the QC pictures;

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

Looks and functioning

Now I guess that I may not be as picky as some of the other members on this forum but from close inspection of this watch I would say it is a very good copy indeed.

I fully wound the watch when it arrived and set the time/date exactly to the atomic time that you can bring up online. I have checked the watch daily and it appears to be running about + 2 seconds a day which I think is very respectable. It is consistent too, so I guess I have been lucky and the movement is a good one. The power reserve must be pretty good too as the watch was left for 1 ½ days (approx 34 hours) without attention and was still running when I came back to it.

The links were easy to adjust with the most basic of tools for my brother who has a 7.5inch wrist. The clasp was a little stiff to click into place at first but has now worn in a little and clicks in perfect.

I will update this further with my findings.

Wrist shot of the Tag with my Canon IXUS 80IS... The lighting was poor and was taken camera freehand, I photo-shopped it as best I could. I really need some more practise at this, the guides on here will help with that though!!! I will update this with much better pictures in time!

Watch2.jpg

RADO SINTRA JUBILE

Here are some of the QC pictures;

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

Looks and Functioning

The RADO was bought as a gift for a friend who helped me repair my car, which was very kind of him.

Again it is a very close copy to the original bar two differences the incorrect colours on the datewheel and the additional diamond below the date window. The original datewheel has gold writing on a black background, where as this copy from A7750 has black writing on a white background. This was noticed in the QC pictures although Tony advised that he could not get another version. I decided to approve the QC pics and proceed none the less. At first I was a bit disappointed with this because it’s not an exact copy, although my friend actually prefers it because he says that he can see the date easier and to be fair the watch was only $108.

RADO2.jpg

RADO1.jpg

Despite this, I am going to try and either find another datewheel with the correct colours or look into an overlay. This will also give me the chance to further develop my skills with my new RWG tool kit. YAY!!!

I set the time/date exactly to the atomic time that you can bring up online. I have checked the watch daily and it appears to be running pretty much bang on time and after 10 days it appears to be around 2 seconds out (Very impressive).

THE BAD - Initial Problems and Solutions

Ok, so for $108 dollars the RADO is not built as well as the TAG. The links on the watch work whereby only the ends of the bracelet have exposed pins (at the clasp and at the case) and then the rest of the links are attached one by one once one of the end links is removed. See pictures

Pins.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

Whilst adjusting the links to fit my friends 7.25 inch wrist I noticed that the pins holding the end links in position at the clasp end of the watch were quite loose. I told my friend to keep an eye on this, however inevitably one of the pins fell out and then the links continued to fall off the watch. Further, the retainer for the clasp extension fell out which I figured comprises of a spring, a top hat washer and a plunger.

Luckily my friend has eyes like a hawk and he found all the pieces, the spring is so small I can’t believe he found it. OK so here is the solution. As you can see the four pins (two in clasp end, two in case end) have a flat section which is supposed to fit snugly into the metal part of the link, however this section is too large for the pin to fit tightly. To fix this I removed the link examined the part of the link that needed altering and squashed this part with a pair of pliers.

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

When re-assembling make sure the flat on the pin lines up with the part of the link you squashed otherwise it will not hold. Re-assemble so that the pin will enter the crushed side of the link last ensuring the flat of the pin will align with the crushed link. This will ensure when using a small hammer the push the pin completely through the link it is as lined up as is possible. There will be a fair amount of resistance but this will ensure there is zero chance of the link falling out.

Wrist shot of the Rado with my Canon IXUS 80IS... This is especially bad, although when I see my friend next I will try and get a better wrist shot!!

IMG_1300.jpg

I will update this with the fix on the clasp extension in a few days and notify how the fix on the links is holding up.

Conclusions

At this point I would like to point out that I feel this is NO fault of A7750 as obviously it is not his job to check that the pins in the end of the clasp go back in tightly and correctly and is CLEARLY a factory assembly problem.

These are the first watches that I have ever bought/worked on, so if I can make these fixes it must be a pretty simple fix.

I will add some better wrist shots when I have had a bit more practise using my camera which is quite old now. I have put up these two shots for now just to prove I have the watches and that they have landed here in the UK.

I hope you guys and girls out there found this short review useful, my next purchase is for myself and will be either a Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660 or the Hublot Big Bag V6 SS/SS with croc strap.

Regards,

Matt

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Welcome to the forum!!!Would like to see the pics of them!!Especially the Rado..

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
Firstly I would like to say Hi and introduce myself on the forum :lol:,

I am very new to the replica watch market and I have made my first purchase of replica watches through Tony at Asian7750. The two watches that I have initially decided to go for are;

1) TAG HEUER - CARRERA - CALIBRE 16 AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH 41 MM

(Silver black dials and outer section)

2) RADO SINTRA JUBILE (Black Gold)

Communication has been good, and to be honest has probably taken a longer period of time due to the amount of questions that I have asked. I am currently awaiting QC pictures.

I will keep this updated with my experience and take some pictures of the watches when they arrive which I am quite confident they will!

I would like to thank the people on this forum for providing an easier method of choosing dealers with the knowledge that you are much less likely to be scammed or ripped off!

Welcome to RWI. Tony is a good TD. Post some wrist shots when they land...

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Nice job on fixing the link. It's always a plus when one can do a little repairing with this hobby. Congrats on the watches.

artharn99

Horology Curious
19/9/10
Good post. I am waiting for my QC pic to share too. Enjoy your watches :p