• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First rep, a 5GPO 42mm, time is inaccurate.

sanppywan

Looking Around
21/12/12
Hi,

I just purchased my first rep (and well first watch in probably 15 years), an Omega Seamaster Ultimate Planet Ocean with a Swiss2824.

I've noticed that the watch is woefully inaccurate compared to what I expected from the QC pic. I synchronized the watch at 1:30am using the time on my cellpphone, and checked the watch at 12:50p, and it is 1 minute and 25s behind time.

Note, the watch was at rest overnight, but was wound up and still ticking when I checked.

Here is the QC pic I got from trustytime (as recommended by a By-Tor review):

exErM2e.jpg

If the QC says only -10s/day, then I shouldn't have more than 1 minute. It just seems incredibly odd. I specifically added the swiss 2824 movement, assuming that I would get close to accurate. With this inaccuracy, I would rather settle on a quartz.

So, now I have several questions. Should I contact the dealer and complain, or is there something I can do first to improve the accuracy of the time? I'm willing to get my hands dirty, and I would actually enjoy learning about how to improve the accuracy of time.

Thanks.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Try resting it in a different position. How does it preform when wearing?

I fixed the title BTW. This is a 5GPO(42mm) not a UPO(45.5mm)

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
You could attempt regulating it using Kello iPhone app. You should be able to get it better than it is anyway.

I wish people would stop buying the Swiss movement 5th gen PO... They use old horrible movements. How is the power reserve as a matter of interest?

DH86

Known Member
19/1/13
Does this apply to the PO Liquidmetal? Are the swiss movements of 5th gen PO and Liquidmetal the same?

You could attempt regulating it using Kello iPhone app. You should be able to get it better than it is anyway.

I wish people would stop buying the Swiss movement 5th gen PO... They use old horrible movements. How is the power reserve as a matter of interest?

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
For this particular watch the Asia ETA is the movement to get in my opinion. I've had terrible experiences with their swiss movements badly needing a service.

DH86

Known Member
19/1/13
For this particular watch the Asia ETA is the movement to get in my opinion. I've had terrible experiences with their swiss movements badly needing a service.

Thanks! Still cant decide asian or swiss for my PO LM..

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
OP went dark........ I'm moving on then......

allvols6

Horology Curious
30/1/13
is trusty time or time shop good dealers to buy from. i am new here but know about res. used to buy years ago from perfect clone (josh) but heared bad things now.i am looking for a asian movement for a version5 omega po. what is the best dealer to deal with??

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
is trusty time or time shop good dealers to buy from. i am new here but know about res. used to buy years ago from perfect clone (josh) but heared bad things now.i am looking for a asian movement for a version5 omega po. what is the best dealer to deal with??

Toro is your man, his a trusted dealer