• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First purchase

ideaton

Horology Curious
8/5/13
hello everyone! first post here.

After reading through the forums for about ten hours (damn insomnia!), I finally pulled the trigger (extremely impulsively) on the 21J movement version of the Chopard Gran Turismo XL MM 2006. Honestly I came to this site looking for either a Rolex or Panerai, but, for now this'll have to serve as my first toe in the rep water.

The reviews of Tony's work on this site was kinda confidence inspiring, and I chose the 21J movement because, after reading quite a bit about movements, I'm still unsure about the reliability of 7750 movements/refurbs/clones. So much is said about movements, half of it contradicted in other posts, that I just went ahead and settled for a simpler (more reliable?) movement. I'll update on that score later.

Paid via my BofA credit card. Payment was shown as "processing" and (ten minutes later) I still haven't seen any charge on my bank account, nor did I get a confirmation email or anything like that. I'll check back later, probably tomorrow.

I'll reply in this thread each step along the way as I go through this process.

ideaton

Horology Curious
8/5/13
ok, tony emailed me pictures last night. i hadn't communicated with him, so i'm glad he just does so automatically.

6hz194n.jpg

GvsafmT.jpg

7Cc3vFZ.jpg

S8V6hTH.jpg

Any thoughts? Am I expected to respond? What do you think of the watch?

ideaton

Horology Curious
8/5/13
i emailed tony approving the pictures. he sent me back a tracking number. i can't actually use the tracking number yet.....but we'll see. now the waiting begins! yay!

ideaton

Horology Curious
8/5/13
so, took me a minute to figure out how to use the tracking number. it's mailed by EMS. (which is apparently common knowledge to people here!). You can track your package from the EMS website after entering a captcha. there are also numerous (and useless!) other websites that attempt to track your package for you, basically a layer of website on top of the actual website, but none of them worked for me and had me frustrated. Anyways, on to the good news:
the package has arrived and cleared customs. Now just one day (or so) of waiting!

amazingly fast delivery at this rate, it has been six days since I made the order.