• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First purchase off of Sead's EU stocklist

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Had an awesome purchase experience with Sead. The PAM1393 VSF I had ordered with Theonewatches happened to be on Supermirrors' EU stocklist, so I changed that order to a Titanium IWC.

The Panerai arrived exactly 6 days after the first contact.

20230509-134120-2.jpg

Reactions: Karbon74 and Itto

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
A little update after the first 3 weeks. The PAM has been on my wrist perhaps 60% of the time. I've been extremely lucky with my recent purchases in regard to OOTB performance, and this PAM is no exception. It runs with a constant -3s/d. What amazes is the stoic consistency of this, regardless of how the watch is positioned over night. I will certainly check Sead's EU stock every time before ordering a certain watch from now on! 😁

20230519-145254-3-01.jpg

20230518-132706-3.jpg

1684534959713.png

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Unfortunately the movement suddenly stopped working, but Sead was super quick to respond and the watch is now on its way back to Italy to see if a repair is possible. 😢

I think considering that it ran rather well for a little over 3 weeks, my hope is that it's just some screw or another part that came lose that is now blocking something in the movement. Keeping my fingers crossed! 🤞😊

Reactions: Hovisbap

Micolash

Supporter
Certified
11/3/23
EU
Unfortunately the movement suddenly stopped working, but Sead was super quick to respond and the watch is now on its way back to Italy to see if a repair is possible. 😢

I think considering that it ran rather well for a little over 3 weeks, my hope is that it's just some screw or another part that came lose that is now blocking something in the movement. Keeping my fingers crossed! 🤞😊
Same thing happened to me with my latest purchase from Sead. The watch was DOA, Sead figured out a way to make it work, but after a few days it stopped working again. The watch is now in the hands of Johnny Depp for repair and service. After I spent $800 on a new watch, I can't say it's a big deal...
GL with yours 🤞

Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Same thing happened to me with my latest purchase from Sead. The watch was DOA, Sead figured out a way to make it work, but after a few days it stopped working again. The watch is now in the hands of Johnny Depp for repair and service. After I spent $800 on a new watch, I can't say it's a big deal...
GL with yours 🤞
That doesn't sound too good. I am wondering if I should have just shipped it to a modder instead.

Oh well, it arrived at Sead's partner in Italy on Monday. Haven't heard back anything yet, but I'm not in a hurry anyway. Leaving for a long overseas vacation next week, so he has plenty of time well into mid-July to try to fix it. 😂

Reactions: Micolash

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
That doesn't sound too good. I am wondering if I should have just shipped it to a modder instead.

Oh well, it arrived at Sead's partner in Italy on Monday. Haven't heard back anything yet, but I'm not in a hurry anyway. Leaving for a long overseas vacation next week, so he has plenty of time well into mid-July to try to fix it. 😂

It took a little over two weeks (including shipping it back) to be ready to return it to me, so now the PAM has been in transit for 2 days and should arrive soon. Unfortunately, while I have someone to receive it, I won't be able to inspect it until mid-July due to an overseas trip. But I'll report back once I was able to test it...

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
So meanwhile, I've returned —a few hours ago— from one of the greatest holidays the wife and I had in the post-Covid era. It was very different to previous stays, since we had to go see friends & family almost every day that we hadn't seen in a while... And I went to Koh Chang and the famous "white sand beach" for the first time and had only one regret: Why didn't we go there 15 years ago already. Anyway, I completely digress...

But needless to say that I'd rather had spent another 3 weeks there than flying home for 12 hrs and seeing the repaired PAM. But since it sat in the storage anyway, why not go check it out. 😆

Let me start with the good news: The watch runs again. As to what was wrong with it or if and what a watchmaker did with it, there was no useful response from Sead other than (I'm paraphrasing) "I didn't even ask what they did with it, I just know it's running again". 😂 Oh well, alrighty then... The watch runs and that's what counts. (no pun intended)

Now to the negative parts: It looks like that whoever worked on the watch, they tried to open it with a knife because there are slight scratches in the center of the caseback. But minor enough to not trigger my OCD. Actually not even close... 😅

But what's a bit worrying (potentially at least) is a weird sound coming from the rotor, or at least it appears when the rotor is moving... Like a chirp (sorta like a cricket) in a relatively high frequency. It's not loud enough to notice it in a noisier environment, but definitely enough to hear when holding the case near your ears or in a very quiet environment.

I think if the watch keeps running fine for the time being, it will be an acceptable flaw because, after all, it's a rep and not a gen. 😁

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Small update: So after almost a day, I'm happy to report that it's keeping time well and the best part is: winding is smooth. Before, manual winding was a bit rough and after 3 or 4 rotations became increasingly harder to the point where you'd just let it go instinctively to not break something. Now it's smooth until you feel the gear slip to prevent overcharge of the main spring.

The "scratches" aren't really scratches, more like big swirls that looked worse at night. So a total nothingburger and in retrospect I probably caused them myself through normal wear and just didn't notice. The "new" noise the rep rotor makes only when you hold it to your ear is 100% not noticeable during normal wear, so it's a good thing I wear my watches around my wrist and not wrapped around my ear. 😆 That noise is just what you have to live with with reps sometimes and no reason to throw noob shit fits around in a "TD xyz is a scammer" thread. 🤣

I'm happy overall with the repair. Great and fast service by Sead and his Italian associate! 👍

Last edited:

Micolash

Supporter
Certified
11/3/23
EU
I'm glad you solved the problem in the best way. You were much luckier than me, mine still has problems even after the service 😅

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Another quick update: After more than a week back on my wrist, the PAM still works without any issues. Time keeping seems a tiny bit less accurate than before, but still very good and definitely in the acceptable range.

20230720-183817-2-01.jpg

Overall I'd say that it was a very positive experience with Sead (the purchase, the return, the repair etc.).

There seems to be a functioning system of customer care in place, including watchmaking capabilities, with his Italian partner, as there were no waiting times worth mentioning, which is great for a dealer with EU stock (meaning, that you can return stuff there and get it fixed fast as I would never ship a watch back to China).

The shipping costs back to Italy I paid myself (not sure if Sead would refund that when asked), but since it was only EU shipping, it was a relatively small amount and I would gladly pay myself for that again in return for another super quick repair.

I'm sure others won't agree, but this is not Amazon and there are actually instances where you sometimes have to pay for return shipping yourself in "legal" retail, so I'm absolutely fine with that.

Final conclusion: Sead may be a man of few words, but he sure as heck cares about his customers and acts swiftly and is very reliable!

5***** from me for Supermirrors!

Five Stars Good Job GIF by Amazon Prime Video