• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Purchase Live Updates Thread - AT 8900

nissanskylinen1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/20
Posting this as a live update on my order:

March 10, 2020 - Placed order on the Jtime website and made payment to Li. Watch was custom order because I wanted both rubber and the bracelet straps.

March 14, 2020 - Got QC pictures and accepted the watch the same day. Both straps were included in the pics and the watch looked good.

March 16, 2020 - Got confirmation of the watch being made ready for shipping

March 18, 2020 - Watch posted via EMS

March 19, 2020 - Watch arrived at the Guangzhou Airport

April 9th, 2020 - Watch is still in Guangzhou Airport waiting for EMS.

Will update as things progress hopefully.

nissanskylinen1

14/3/20
Update: Its been over a month since it's shipped and it's still stuck in China. No shipping updates since March 19th. Kinda feeling ripped off for paying for EMS shipping.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Ripped off by who ?

The dealers have no control over how the mail is handled one it leaves them.

Reactions: jtimewatch

Ellisg93

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/20
Update: Its been over a month since it's shipped and it's still stuck in China. No shipping updates since March 19th. Kinda feeling ripped off for paying for EMS shipping.

Did you know there's a world pandemic going on and things are going slowly?

nissanskylinen1

14/3/20
Ripped off by who ?

The dealers have no control over how the mail is handled one it leaves them.

Ripped off by China Post EMS. Like at this point, the marginal utility I should have gotten from the seller shipping with China EMS has disappeared. I'd be indifferent to as if the watch was shipped with normal China Post snail mail, you know? 1 week vs 1 month delivery time is a little frustrating, but having it 1 month late vs 2,3, or 4 months late doesn't make much of a difference. Does that make sense?

Did you know there's a world pandemic going on and things are going slowly?

Yeah I get it, but I also expect postal companies to step up and hire extra cargo planes to carry their mail, especially for a more premium service like EMS. From what research I've done, China Post is just stockpiling all the mail but not hiring additional planes to carry it all.

I'm looking at the flights out of Guangzhou (where my package is) - the only flight towards North America is once a day at around their Midnight. Yesterday it was LAX and Anchorage, tonight its just Anchorage. None for Canada either.

Last edited:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Ripped off by China Post EMS. Like at this point, the marginal utility I should have gotten from the seller shipping with China EMS has disappeared. I'd be indifferent to as if the watch was shipped with normal China Post snail mail, you know? 1 week vs 1 month delivery time is a little frustrating, but having it 1 month late vs 2,3, or 4 months late doesn't make much of a difference. Does that make sense?

Yeah I get it, but I also expect postal companies to step up and hire extra cargo planes to carry their mail, especially for a more premium service like EMS. From what research I've done, China Post is just stockpiling all the mail but not hiring additional planes to carry it all.

I'm looking at the flights out of Guangzhou (where my package is) - the only flight towards North America is once a day at around their Midnight. Yesterday it was LAX, tonight its Anchorage. None for Canada either.

Yep i hear you there , i once had a clasp sent to me EMS , then by the same seller sent me a bracelet by airmail a few days later , the bracelet got here a month before the clasp did ...

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania

I'm looking at the flights out of Guangzhou (where my package is) - the only flight towards North America is once a day at around their Midnight. Yesterday it was LAX and Anchorage, tonight its just Anchorage. None for Canada either.

The postal companies don't operate at a margin where they can just "hire extra cargo planes". Most parcels for private persons aren't carried in dedicated cargo flights, but use regular scheduled flights. My last parcel from Guangzhou took over three weeks just to leave the airport towards UK. That's just how it is at the moment, lean back and show some love to the other watches in your arsenal...

Last edited:
Reactions: Swiss_goupil

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Where do these clowns come from ?? Premium service ? Hiring extra planes ? :D:D I think my TD charged me $25 for he last watch he sent me from China to the UK ! Think about that $25 1) picked up in Guangzhou China 2) Taken by road to Hong Kong 3) Through customs and put on a plane to Dusseldorf Germany 4) Lands in Dusseldorf through customs 5)Put on a plane to UK 6) Arrives at Baggington Airport in UK through customs 7) Sorted at the Parcel Force UK hub 8) Now transfered to Royal Mail so in a truck to the Royal Mail national depot 9) Put in a van to my local Royal mail depot 10) Royal Mail post Man delivers my parcel .

There is at least 3 or 4 companies all getting a piece of that $25 EMS, partner airlines, on ground freight handling companies, Parcel Force , Royal mail .

Why can't these people just wait and accept we are living in strange times ? Checking flights out of Guangzhou :D:D

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Why can't these people just wait and accept we are living in strange times ?

Those situation never happened before Amazon and their free 24h service, this wasn't even expected to be happening. You payed $10 or more to get your stuff shipped to your door in a 72h minimum and that was from the same country you where in.

I love that service by Amazon, but I hate what general expectation it got in the head of some people, but it is how it is unfortunately.

nissanskylinen1

14/3/20
The postal companies don't operate at a margin where they can just "hire extra cargo planes". Most parcels for private persons aren't carried in dedicated cargo flights, but use regular scheduled flights. My last parcel from Guangzhou took over three weeks just to leave the airport towards UK. That's just how it is at the moment, lean back and show some love to the other watches in your arsenal...

Not sure about the post in the UK, but the mandate of our crown corporations in Canada aren't to make money or be sustainable (its a huge plus if they do). The government expects Canada Post to operate at a net loss in order to help boost the economy - call it "second hand profit" per se. Same goes for our export and business development banks.

Those situation never happened before Amazon and their free 24h service, this wasn't even expected to be happening. You payed $10 or more to get your stuff shipped to your door in a 72h minimum and that was from the same country you where in.

I love that service by Amazon, but I hate what general expectation it got in the head of some people, but it is how it is unfortunately.

I look at Amazon's Prime delivery as a great example of operations management and logistics engineering. Same with DHL/FedEx/UPS. Its a shame that bureaucracy prevents national postal companies from adopting new technologies and logistics methods to enhance their service. After all, it would boost the country's economy significantly. Sure I pay $5 a month for Amazon Prime, but I also paid 5x more than that for this one package to be shipped to me within a longer period of time.

Anyways - EMS ended up returning the watch to the shipping agent on the 5th of May. It got reshipped via unconventional DHL and finally got delivered today. 2 months after it being initially shipped. I did get dinged for $22 in customs charges. The shipping agent declared a taxable value when shipping with DHL.

First impressions: Wow! The quality of this watch is sublime! Its got nice heft, the level of detail is phenomenal, and the quality of materials is outstanding. The watch just glimmers in the light and the crystals are beautifully clear, with the front one having a slight dome. I can now understand why these reps cost over $500 CAD. I can only imagine that the R&D costs must be through the roof to get this level of accuracy and quality. The bracelet and strap are also of great quality and are very accurate. Takes some time to figure them out (coming from Seikos) but once you get used to it, its actually really nice and comfortable.

Some notes / takeaways if anyone else wants to order one:

- The purple hue is there with the crystal and only shows in non-while light. If you look at the watch under a white LED, the grey is actually grey. But if you shine a natural/yellowish light on it, there is the slight purple hue, which is a subproduct of the crystal I can only imagine.

- I would skip the bracelet. The watch looks underwhelming and too steel-ey. The silicon strap looks much better and helps you really appreciate the beauty of the watch/movement itself. I would recommend only the bracelet if you are only going to wear it with a suit or traditional dress shirt at work.

- If you are planning on getting both the bracelet and strap, make sure you have extra lug springs handy. The ones that came with the watch did not fit the strap as they did with the bracelet. Specifically, the spring didnt fit the hole in the case of the watch.

- I can't figure out for the life of me how to set the date efficiently. I read online and it says to set it using the quick-hour feature. So to go forward 1 day you turn it 24 times. Took me a while to change it from the 28th to the 19th...

Overall, I'd say I'm very happy with the watch and level of service from JTime. Great service and products. Shipping sucked but quite frankly thats not the TDs fault but rather unfortunate turn of events and courier.

Where do these clowns come from ??

??? Ask your mother - she'll know.

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I look at Amazon's Prime delivery as a great example of operations management and logistics engineering. Same with DHL/FedEx/UPS. Its a shame that bureaucracy prevents national postal companies from adopting new technologies and logistics methods to enhance their service. After all, it would boost the country's economy significantly. Sure I pay $5 a month for Amazon Prime, but I also paid 5x more than that for this one package to be shipped to me within a longer period of time.

Sure, Amazon prime is an excellent and enjoyable service, but it put tremendous pressure on all it's partner, as finally for Amazon, this service only require efficient stock and order preparation, the bulk of the work allowing them to offer such services is offloaded to third party delivery company, including national posts, this is a profitable business, but certainly not to the same level that it is for Amazon.
They also drain national post service with the returns. In the end, they invest very little for almost all benefits.

Unfortunately here, we have to remember that not everything is and should be on Amazon, including reps, and thus, those shop still rely on good ol' postal services and their delays

??? Ask your mother - she'll know.

There's no need to answer to provocation with another provocation, really.

Reactions: nissanskylinen1