• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order with Trusty Time - Rolex 116710LN - APSF Factory

TedStickels

Looking Around
4/11/23

For reference this is the exact watch I ordered.

I chose TT for the reviews and after reading all the associated stuff for people new to the rep game. The actual transaction was super easy and smooth. Paid via WU. Confirmed pickup of funds and had QC in 2 ish weeks. Delivery as about 4 week from order date. Id order from them again if it goes that smoothly.
I chose the GMT II in this color for a few reasons namely its not a pepsi and it was on sale so I saw it as a test purchase. I own a gen Sub and GMT II. Ive had the rep for 3 weeks or so and have been wearing it 3-5 days a week.

The Factory on this example is APSF

They got several things right. (check photos) The 'look' of the watch is correct. The Rehaut is 100% accurate on spacing, the crystal is AR and has the micro crown. The Dial indexes and hands are polished like the gen. The cyclops in correct. Crown on stem is correct. Bracelet is correct. Just 'looking' at it it looks gen. The QC showed 7sec/day. I getting about 3-5/day which honestly, is pretty nice all things considered. Lume is dead accurate.
What they got wrong. It doesn't 'feel' Gen. These are by no means complaints as Im well aware of what I was buying. The stem adjustment is like the gen but it feels 'gritty' or less refined. Same with the actual clasp on the bracelet. The detail on the clap is great but it feels...off. The bezel adjustment feels freer or looser. Also the ceramic bezel inset pops under pressure like its not totally square/round. Visibly it is not noticeable but you can feel and hear it pop if you're rubbing/cleaning the watch with a cloth. If it comes out, I'll use a little glue to fix it. The screws on the bracelet required purple loctite (222) to stay in. Without it they back out on their own after a day of wear.
The function and look ,"look", correct but the "feel" is off. Weight is very very close.
Again Happy with Trusty Time and considering what I paid its not a bad watch. If I had it to do over again, I'd pay more attention to the factory as it seems theres 2 parts here; finding a trustworth vendor that has access to a factory that makes the best quality in the brand and model you want.