• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order with Ctime - Clean GMT Pepsi V3

BathDiver

Getting To Know The Place
11/9/20
Hi all,
I've previously bought a couple of VSFs from Jtime (great service, no issues) but I read that Ctime is the best place to get a Clean factory GMT Pepsi.
I see that Ctime have a great reputation, so I hope to have a smooth ride.
I've paid through Wise. Waiting for QC.

Spiderman3098

Do not accept unsolicited offers
6/6/24
I just ordered datejust with the green fluted dial and jubilee band, also just placed the order yesterday expected qc in 2 days. Hope your experience is smooth!

slipperypuddle

Do not accept unsolicited offers
10/6/24
I just ordered datejust with the green fluted dial and jubilee band, also just placed the order yesterday expected qc in 2 days. Hope your experience is smooth!
Where did you order it? I only see a blue fluted bezel on their site

BathDiver

11/9/20
QC arrived. The watch looks beautiful with no obvious flaws. +1 sec a day

BathDiver

11/9/20
Hmm, the communication with Ctime doesn't seem to be as excellent as it has been with Jtime. i don't seem to get updates unless I prompt for them. I've often felt that I don't quite know what's going on and where we are up to with the process. I never felt like this when ordering through Jtime.

I've asked if there are any tracking details. I was told that they will chase the shipping company, but no updates yet.

Is this all normal?

BathDiver

11/9/20
My Pepsi arrived a a week or so ago but i only just opened it.

The watch looks perfect. The red/blue bezel looks slightly darker than I expected but I think I prefer it as slightly less eye-catching.

My only gripe is that one link of the jubilee bracelet is sticky. It's where the solid end link meets the start of the bracelet. When you handle the watch, the link will get stuck in the "up position" instead of freely dangling down like the rest of the bracelet.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it worth raising with Ctime, or should I just keep wearing it hoping that the rough spot will wear smooth?

BathDiver

11/9/20
Ctime have suggested an oil bath for the bracelet, so I'm trying that. I'll leave it soaking over night.

My VSF datejust has a perfect feeling jubilee bracelet and this clean GMT jubilee doesn't feel as nice which is a shame. Hopefully the oil bath will make it feel a bit more smooth and fix this sticky link issue.

Rr808

Patron
10/7/24
Ctime have suggested an oil bath for the bracelet, so I'm trying that. I'll leave it soaking over night.

My VSF datejust has a perfect feeling jubilee bracelet and this clean GMT jubilee doesn't feel as nice which is a shame. Hopefully the oil bath will make it feel a bit more smooth and fix this sticky link issue.
Did it smooth out? Planning to order a jubilee Pepsi. Thank you

BathDiver

11/9/20
I've had the Clean Pepsi for a while now and to be honest, I don't like it as much as the VSF Sub.

The jubilee never really improved after the oil bath. The articulation felt smoother for about a week after the oil bath, but you can just tell the finishing isn't great between the links and the link closest to the end links still gets stuck. The edges are a little sharp too. It just doesnt feel as premium as the VSF to handle. The cyclops doesn't seem to display the date as clear and crisp as the VSF one.

I'm still glad I have the Clean pepsi in my collection, but it's not as good as the VSF for me.

Bardo

For beers and bragging rights
26/9/24
I've had the Clean Pepsi for a while now and to be honest, I don't like it as much as the VSF Sub.

The jubilee never really improved after the oil bath. The articulation felt smoother for about a week after the oil bath, but you can just tell the finishing isn't great between the links and the link closest to the end links still gets stuck. The edges are a little sharp too. It just doesnt feel as premium as the VSF to handle. The cyclops doesn't seem to display the date as clear and crisp as the VSF one.

I'm still glad I have the Clean pepsi in my collection, but it's not as good as the VSF for me.
What kind of oil do you use for the oil bath?