• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order with Andiot Watches - problems, customs, & where to go from here...

DrDerf

Do not accept unsolicited offers
30/6/24
Puerto Rico
So let me tell you about my (ongoing) transaction with Andiot Watches.

I contacted Elliot via WhatsApp on June 29th to ask about availability of a couple items on his website.
He replied both were available, about 4-6 days to send after payment.
I made payment on July 1st and confirmed via WhatsApp that the payment was sent.
I also made some questions about rubber strap size availability and what would be best for my 19.2cm wrist size.

On July 6th I contacted him via WhatsApp to request update on the status of the items.
He requested info on order number and payment, since he said he did not receive payment notification via email.
He confirmed that he had received payment and he said he would begin processing the order.

On July 11th I contacted him via WhatsApp to verify status update.
He said he was waiting on tracking from logistics?
I was confused, and he asked if saw the QC yet or not. I had not.
He then sent the email with QC links for one item - the other was not ready yet. It would ship in two separate parcels.
I gave it a GL.

On July 16th I received shipping confirmation email with tracking.
On July 18th it arrived and looked good, I just wish it fit my wrist better - Elliot said I can't buy an additional link for the bracelet, I need to buy an entire additional bracelet.

This marks the 50% completion of the first order. So far so good...

On July 18th I also received an email that the second half of my order was ready, with QC photos in the email.
I gave it the GL and received confirmation on July 22 that it shipped.

On July 24th it was scanned into a UPS facility on-route to the destination (normal).
On July 25th it had several updates to tracking regarding "import scan", "preparing package for additional clearance", "warehouse scan", "warehouse scan", "warehouse scan". But no movement further along the route to the destination.
I contacted Elliot via WhatsApp on July 25th to check on the status and shared a screenshot from UPS tracking.
Elliot told me it would be delivered the coming week. When I asked if there was a problem I was told "nothing to be reported"

On July 25, 26th, 27th the package had several more updates to the tracking including "warehouse scan", "warehouse scan", "warehouse scan" each day.
It also updated estimated delivery date to "the delivery date will be provided as soon as possible" and status to "the package is in a secure facility pending clearance or resolution." I send a screenshot via WhatsApp on July 27th and received a reply that since it was the weekend there was nothing to do, no issue was reported, "relax."

On July 29th I saw more updates to the tracking including "warehouse scan" on both the 28th and 29th, and "UPS is preparing your package for clearance. We will notify you if additional information is needed." I sent a screenshot to Elliot via WhatsApp and asked him to check on it, and he said he would ask logistics to check on it tomorrow.
On July 30th he told me "logistics replied it need you to contact custom to do the custom clearance bro."

I was very confused but I called UPS and provided tracking info and they said the package was waiting on customs clearance, there was nothing the receiver needed to do. I told Elliot via WhatsApp that customs need to release it still and he said "as long as they confirm need information I will let my logistics to provide"

On July 30th the tracking info showed two more "warehouse scan" updates and two additional "your package has been released by the government agency" updates.
On July 31st it received an "import scan". I was relieved (so I thought).

On August 3rd there was no further activity - the package had not moved. I sent screenshot via WhatsApp and asked Elliot to check on status, he said he would forward to logistics. Later I sent him an updated screenshot that showed "We're sorry for the inconvenience. If you are the sender, please check with the receiver to confirm delivery. Otherwise you may start a claim to provide a resolution." I was told by Elliot that he had forwarded to logistics and was waiting for them to reply, and not to worry.

On August 5th I called UPS and asked to speak to customer service about the status of the package. They told me that the package was not released from customs, they had been trying to contact the sender since July 25th, they require a letter of authorization from the manufacturer to release the package. I contacted Elliot via WhatsApp and he said he was going to wait for the message from logistics and not to worry.

Elliot then said "if you will just prepare a new address for me we can send this week by preparing."
I asked why, if he thinks my address is a problem, and he said yes he thinks so... even though this is the first time I am ever ordering anything (from ANY TD) and the first package came to me without any problem.

Does anyone think that my address could be flagged? I don't have an office or work address that I can send the package to instead of my house. Should I try renting a post office box? What would you suggest?

DrDerf

30/6/24
Puerto Rico
Elliot has offered a refund or to ship again (to a different address). He suggested I try sending to a friend or family member so we will try that and cross our fingers.

Luxfer

Renowned Member
5/5/24
Italy
Sometimes in the rep game these things can happen. it happened to me that a package that I was supposed to receive, they said they couldn't deliver it to me and they will return it to the sender. Then magically a week later they delivered it to me without asking any questions. I understand that it's frustrating but unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it

Reactions: RepTrip

CBWFKY23

31/12/23
Why on earth would you contact UPS?
You are importing counterfeit goods, you NEVER claim ownership or acknowledge the existence of the shipment.

If you are having issues with shipping, customs, or delivery the ONLY person you speak to is your TD.

🤦🏼‍♂️

DrDerf

30/6/24
Puerto Rico
Update: Elliot changed the delivery address and shipped me a replacement that arrived today. I’m very glad to have had his support through this issue and highly recommend him.
I’ll be using him again in the future when I expand my collection.

Reactions: GingerBubba

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Glad it ended well. This is why we tell new members to trust the dealers. Your address is probably flagged, and once you have something seized from one address it's flagged permanently.

Reactions: Cubby