• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order turned to nightmare...

haneks

Looking Around
31/8/21
Hi,

I just want to tell my story here. I ordered my first watch which was my dream watch (Portuguese Real PR Real Annual Calendar IW503502 ZF 1:1 Best Edition Blue Dial on Black Leather Strap A52850) on February 28th and I paid 428$ + 50$ of shipping, I received the QC pictures which were great so I greenlight it. It took a couple of days for me to receive it on March 22nd. It looked great but the rotor was making weird sounds. So I talked to Ryan who told me it could be normal because of the weight of this particular rotor.

On March 25th, the watch stopped working completely. I sent it back on April 18th, it cost me 29€ to send it back. Due to the COVID outbreak, it was only delivered on June 16th. On July 24th, Ryan told me good news, the watch was repaired and ready to be shipped. He offered me two solutions : 1. send it at his expense but should take a month to arrive, 2. pay 28$ to ship it via airmail and have it in two weeks. I was really impatient to have my repaired watch finally arrived. I could finally wear it after 5 months ! So I paid the 28$

The watch just arrived this morning. I got it out of the box, and something was weird because the rotor was not moving at all now...

I figured maybe I sould rewind it a bit so it would which I did according the official manual...and still nothing happened with the rotor.

So I figured let's set the day and time right and we'll see after.

I started setting everything up like it was explained in the official manual and after a couple of turns, the crown was really hard to turn and now I can't turn in while in position 1 to set the right date and the date won't even turn anymore, it's stuck between 27-28. So now I have a 535€ watch that still won't work after 5 months...

I'm not even sure they did anything to it when I returned it...So you read a lot of good stories about good watches and good quality etc...but know that there are so terrible ones too.

So this is how my dream watch turned into a nightmare.

David1886

3/6/19
Incredible mate, sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience with Intime but with a different outcome. I did not pay the 28usd to get it back and received it after four months including repairing time, fortunately my ZF Master Ultra think worked well since. However I don't think it's worth sending watches back to China, there is more risk sending to China than from China to Europe for example, better get a local rep friendly watchmaker working on it and ask a partial refund later on to the TD.

Reactions: wilsonpepper

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
I am absolutely sorry to hear that. Those are fantastic watches, although the calender mechanism seems a bit delicate, and the rotor is kinda loud because there is always some play between the rotor bearing and its axis, Don't know why, but it is the same with all of mine. No means to substantially silence it, really.

Re the calender wheel that seems stuck I also believe that there is no other option than to find a rep-friendly watchmaker who is willing to take a look at it. I would also recommend not to send it back to China. Best keep it within your customs region.

Don't give up - I believe this is just bad luck. Wish you all the best.

haneks

Looking Around
31/8/21
Hi everyone, it's been more than a year now that I bought this IWC. I had to send it back not once, not twice but THREE times !! This is ridiculous !! Intime is not proposing anything to compensate the fact that his watch is absolute garbage! The last time I sent it, it was hold by the customs waiting for intime to complete paperwork or whatever to take it, they did not. Now it is being sent back to me after being on transit for three months...I know it's not a genuine one, but come on ! I still paid more than 500€ for it if you're counting all the shipping costs back and forth...I would not buy anuything else from this shop...so now i'm waiting to receive a brick...