• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order - GMF Rolex Air King and Clean No Date Rolex Sub 114060

SonicShift

Horology Curious
16/11/22
Just ordered and made payment through Western Union. So far it's been pretty straight forward. I'm looking forward to QC! I'll post here once I get them. Any member feedback is welcome. I've read quite a bit but I don't have any experience with reps, so your wisdom is welcome. Thanks!

Reactions: Dominikk and hamdy

SonicShift

Horology Curious
16/11/22
I ended up changing to a VSF no date sub, but it looks like can't edit the post title.

I got QC photos of the sub and it looks pretty good to me. The rehaut alignment looks great and this was what I was most concerned about .

The only thing I'm concerned about is the bezel alignment. Is it off, or is it the photo angles? It looks centered at the top, but slightly off center at 3, 6, and 9.

SmokinJohnny

Horology Curious
3/11/22
I asked for a straight on picture for my Pepsi from Andrew when my QC pictures made it look way off. He delivered and everything lined up great in the new shots. For yours, I think that last picture is pretty straight on and looks good to me. But you can always ask for new pictures to confirm.

Reactions: SonicShift

SmokinJohnny

Horology Curious
3/11/22
And just to calm your nerves, even gen subs have bezel alignment issues. I had a gen sub date and it didn't "click" with the 12 arrow pointing directly at the 12 marker. Just slightly off.

SonicShift

Horology Curious
16/11/22
I haven't had the time to spare to post until now, but I received the watches in record time. Andrew is a true professional. Photos attached. I do have a couple questions for veterans, one of which I may post in a separate Rolex Sub thread.

1) The Air King is losing 24 seconds a day which is not bad, but certainly not great. Does anyone have a great contact for servicing reps in the US? I'm in California. Other than this issue, the watch is incredible.

2) The VSF sub is nothing short of amazing. I compared it to a gen at my local watch shop and I could not even spot any differences without a loupe.

The only issue I have is that the bezel is incredibly tight when turning it and I have pretty strong fingers from wrenching on cars. Is this common on the VSF subs? Andrew is willing to repair or replace it, but I need to send it back to him to do so. Is this worth the time and effort?

Reactions: frenchtoastmafia

frenchtoastmafia

Horology Curious
28/6/22
Thank you for sharing! I've been curious about the GMF Air King - based on your photos it really does look quite good (movement lottery issues aside). I recommend stopping by a few local watch repair shops and asking if they are comfortable working on a replica watch (& how much). Some might want luxury watch servicing money, but some may not. Wish I could point you somewhere specific, but I'm on the east coast. Google maps is your friend!

Cheers, and happy wearing!

Reactions: SonicShift