• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order from EU Stock - Rolex Submarine Date 126610LN from VSF

swedish-time

Do not accept unsolicited offers
12/4/24
Stockholm / Marbella
Rolex Submarine Date 126610LN from VSF - through EU Stock (mrmckhansi)

Hello, If you're a first-time buyer like me, this might be helpful for you.

I've decided to order from EU Stock for two reasons.
Firstly, the dealer, mrmckhansi, is based in Europe, which hopefully reduces the chances of shipping issues.
Secondly, they offer an additional service from their watchsmith, including 1 year of warranty. The watches are assembled in small workshops, where some are completely dry while others may have excessive oil or dirt inside. The watchsmith disassembles the watch, oils it, tests its water resistance, ensuring everything is in order before shipping it to you. Although it might be a bit more expensive, it should hopefully prolong its lifespan.

Personally, I had some questions regarding water resistance. I've been told that once a watch is water-resistant, it will naturally endure like an original. However, relying solely on a single test is not advisable. I emphasize that this condition isn't permanent and necessitates occasional verification. Therefore, it will need to be inspected annually before going on holiday. While the water resistance of most watches persists for years, it's essential to acknowledge that no guarantees exist. Moreover, cleaning your watch with soap can severely damage the seals, leading to premature drying out and potential leaks. In other words, it all comes down to how you handle it, but once it's serviced by the watchsmith, it should be fine.

As I am relatively new to this, I've consulted with eBoy, RWI's New Members Area Chief Janitor based in Europe, about the dealer. The dealer, mrmckhansi, is a supporting vendor of RWI and has been vetted and approved for their 'trusted' status. Additionally, making full payments before a TD sources you a watch is not a red flag.

All contact has been through private messages here on RWI.

I want to express my gratitude to the dealer for the fast replies and his patience, especially since, as a first-time buyer, I had several questions, despite having already read many guides here on the forum.

I've been informed that it should take 3-4 weeks for the watch to arrive to them, and about 1-2 weeks for the service from their watch smith. Please keep in mind that these are approximate guidelines.

Timeline:
May 11, 2024: I've informed him of the watch I want and am now awaiting instructions on how to proceed with payment for (1) the watch+shipping, (2) service and (3) higher insurance shipping.