• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order, fingers crossed!

var554

The Mothership
Supporter
25/6/23
USA
It should be easy to correct this if you can bend it properly. Maybe you can try harder
Bend the part in blue ,try a few times
H5HMv1.jpeg
oh, ok. I will try that way. Was doing something different which does not work. Thank you!

var554

The Mothership
Supporter
25/6/23
USA
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but it is a continuation of my PureTime purchase, so I'm posting it here. I had said that my sons would be the only ones who knew my new watch is a rep. So they were here last week, loved it and said so what's next, the Cartier lol. As I am still having the clasp issue, I asked them to try to bend it for me. No luck. Now, we were in downtown Chicago and decided to go into one of the AD's to see if they could fix it, because why not? Well, They would not even look at it unless I opened a service ticket, paid $150 up front, and it would be 2-3 weeks before it would be looked at. I didn't even have to take the cloth tape off that holds the clasp closed lol. We had a good laugh about it and went for cocktails. So, still not working, still going to have to go to a fix it place at a mall, but honestly, the boys tried to push in the direction of the pic that PureTime sent. I think pliers might be next. I don't know what another repair guy could do. I find it funny that both boys have Dad's Rolexes but didn't wear them because....Chicago. I literally had my safety defense keychain at the ready.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
still going to have to go to a fix it place at a mall, but honestly, the boys tried to push in the direction of the pic that PureTime sent. I think pliers might be next. I don't know what another repair guy could do
Can try pliers but need to be pushed very gentlely. I tried on my own watch which clasp can close without problems. Firstly i bent it in the opposite direction till it won't be tighted any more. then i tried to bend it with pliers and it worked but this would need a few attempts. ( try the left side of that part as from my picture, not the middle )

Reactions: var554

var554

The Mothership
Supporter
25/6/23
USA
Can try pliers but need to be pushed very gentlely. I tried on my own watch which clasp can close without problems. Firstly i bent it in the opposite direction till it won't be tighted any more. then i tried to bend it with pliers and it worked but this would need a few attempts. ( try the left side of that part as from my picture, not the middle )
I was kind of kidding about the pliers, but I'm thinking of trying to just bend the hook more around the receiver part.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I was kind of kidding about the pliers, but I'm thinking of trying to just bend the hook more around the receiver part.
This watch i have is pretty old so i used the pliers, of course need to protect it with a piece of cloth before working on it :) From my experience, bend this left part (in red) gradually. This should be very easy if you find the correct way.

H1bRzY.jpeg

Reactions: var554

Pops3434

Known Member
13/7/23
USA
You can get a replacement clasp from Aliexpress or DHgate for cheap. $10-$20. At this point you might want to look into that. Welcome to the world of reps you’ll find an answer for pretty much any question you have regarding watches. Good luck. And sorry for your loss.❤️🙏

var554

The Mothership
Supporter
25/6/23
USA
Taking a rep to an AD? Well, I ve been around RWI for some time now, and I know this is not done. Correct me if I'm wrong.
It sounds as if you feel I've broken a RWI rule. oops. I had nothing to lose. I never took it off, they were really not interested in doing anything but collecting $150. I thought maybe a tip, but oh no. Rolex keeps it's secrets. Did I think I was going to be arrested for having a rep? No, it's not illegal here to have one. Or 100. "this is not done" until someone does it. No one was hurt.
This watch i have is pretty old so i used the pliers, of course need to protect it with a piece of cloth before working on it :) From my experience, bend this left part (in red) gradually. This should be very easy if you find the correct way.

H1bRzY.jpeg
Thank you so much. You have been so kind to help me with this. I really appreciate everything you have suggested.

var554

The Mothership
Supporter
25/6/23
USA
You can get a replacement clasp from Aliexpress or DHgate for cheap. $10-$20. At this point you might want to look into that. Welcome to the world of reps you’ll find an answer for pretty much any question you have regarding watches. Good luck. And sorry for your loss.❤️🙏
That's not a bad idea. i'll look into it, and thank you for your kind words.

Reactions: Pops3434