• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[First Look] Omega Planet Ocean 007 Full Size 45mm

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Again, another first look for less than half a day ownership. Just gotten the watch this afternoon and here's the first look write up on this watch: Omega Planet Ocean 007 Edition.

Well, overall this watch is massive. Pretty good build. Bracelet is again a little bit a problem to resize. You need a good pairs of pliers, proper pin removal tools and some strength to remove the pin. AR coating is slightly thicker than PO 42.5mm 4th Gen (similar to Ferrari's), single side coated. Bracelet clasp is a joke if you compare it to the genuine. My diver's extension link pops out very easily (unlike genuine bracelet clasp). Nonetheless it locks well. Steel quality of the bracelet seems to be pretty bad. It gets scratched up pretty easily (I notice this when using pin removal tool). I would say that 4th gen PO has better bracelet sans clasp (I would safely comment that all SMP/PO bracelet clasp which comes with the rep is nowhere near the gen quality). Perhaps a genuine rubber is way to go for this model. Crown is much better than PO 4th gen. This one looks more like the genuine.

No worry for little white lies here... Movement is genuine ETA 2824-2.

Bezel pearl is standard Ultimate 45mm rep quality... the excessive green and weak luminosity looks like an eyesore. I removed it the minute I got this watch (it's very easy to remove on this model, just used my fingernail.). To clean up lume residue, use a sharp tip screwdriver carefully with some solvent. Be careful not to damage the bezel.

It does look big on my wrist but I get used to wearing PAM so this watch will be OK for you who has ~6.5" wrist.

Some minute details worth mentioning:
- Dial is OK... way inferior from the genuine dial though... a little bit crooked hour marker (not as bad as pedobrite's).
- Orange tip... still the rep cannot get the orange colour right. The one that come close to the genuine orange colour is the one on - SMP Chrono replica. It is very close on this particular model. Familiarize yourself with genuine Omega orange tip and you'll be able to spot the replica at a glance.
- Lume is not as strong as SuperLuminova but it is very good for a rep. Please refer to my Buyer's Guide on lume on reps in Replica Discussion section for further elaboration.

Sorry no wristshot this time because I am waiting for the pearl lume to dry off. At sub 250USD, it is a good buy. Recommended by taka :p

Enjoy! Pardon me for bad pictures.

dscn6112qd4.jpg

dscn6125ds9.jpg

dscn6128of9.jpg

dscn6129iv3.jpg

dscn6137zc8.jpg

Buying tip: it is advisable to opt for ETA movement for this model. It allows mod to be done (i.e: genuine dial, hands). The Asian model may come with DG2813 movement which may not have the same hand size as the ETA. Om*ga Coax Cal. 2500 has the same hand size as ETA2824-2.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Thks taka for the review, picture are good.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Nice watch Tak, are you planning on getting a rubber strap?

pedrobrites

Known Member
16/2/07
Nice watch , the only difference is the 007 logo , now you may want to be James Bond :wink:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Thank you very much :p

I have fixed the pearl. Looks much better now. Sorry for the poor pictures. It's 2:20 am now with low light.

dscn6190hs1.jpg

dscn6195xv2.jpg

As you can see from the lumeshot, lume on this piece is still far from RC Tritec Superluminova (pearl). Perhaps I will go for genuine dial and hands when I have the money. Upgrading to genuine rubber straps sound to be a better choice than a piece of genuine dial.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Not sure whether gen parts are available due to the limited series thing....

--

I will get the rubber strap when Josh released his... and there is a comparison,

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
Tak:

How did you fix your pearl? I could use some guidance on mine :)

CISO1969

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@CISO: I have just PMed pedobrites. He asked me the same thing ^^. I will do complete tutorial on it once I have another watch with pearl that I need to fix. I will post the same PM here.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
For the benefit of other members who are keen on fixing the pearl (I can say that the green colour pearl is a dead giveaway :p)

quote my reply to pedo:

I removed the old pearl by just lifting the glass on the original pearl using my fingernail. Then clean up the pearl hole using solvent, be careful not to ruin the bezel. You need a reluming toolkit to just refill the hole with RC Tritec Superluminova C3. After finishing reluming, just apply a thin layer of epoxy to make it strong ^^

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Wow 45 mm. Nice super-Bond watch there takashi...It's too bad they can't work the bugs out of all the misaligned markers...you did a nice job improving the pearl too.. :D

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
:p If you are used to PAM, this one is nothing ^^ Feels heavy on the wrist though... perhaps due to SS band. I will seriously consider gen strap or Silix strap.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I will try to fit it with breitling strap... Will see how it goes...

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
Cool watch Taka.
Just switch that ridiculous secondhand for a normal one... plus common caseback and you would have a gorgeous PO! :lol:
No just kiddin'! Will look way cooler with a diverstrap though!
Thanks for the review.
:D

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
Not sure did they update the Dial or may be you got a good one.....unlike many, the Omega logo on yours is line up straight to the text.
I also notice your date window is a bit more like a square and mine is more rectangle.

another good built u.PO