• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First DIY Watch - Help !

TimeConsuming

Horology Curious
18/7/22
Hi Everyone apologies for the copy paste from my introduction post in general forum.

Been learning about replicas and i want to wander into a small challenge of assembling my first watch by myself, purely to add to my collection i just think it would be quite cool to have one and say "i made that myself".

Now not a franken or a full clone, i will be buying piece by piece and do the assembling myself.

Being an owner of a couple of Rollie i am obviously going to try and get as many Rollies pieces i can (bar movement)

My questions are -

Where do i find a list of movements that can fit a 41 mm case? Can any 41mm winding crown fit any 41mm movement?
Where do i get a Replica Dial fit for purpose wether it is date or no date? can't find any on trusted dealers

Thank you so much!

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Hi,
TD sell the whole watch. Maybe you could find some parts on Aliexpress. Not expensive for a first try...

Teetertank

Known Member
4/5/22
UK
Most 41mm cases will be large enough to fit the typical movements you'll want to be working with. The trick will be to get the correct spacer for the dial and movement you choose.

You'd be best off buying a kit that you can assemble, that way you'll know that the hands will fit the movement and that the dual will fit the case and can be fixed to the movement and that the correct spacer will be supplied to centralise the whole thing.

eBay and Aliexpress would likely be your best bets. You'll find homage style cases on both and you may find rep dials etc on Aliexpress but they're getting more difficult to find these days.

eBay item# 324341501562 is the kind of thing I'd be looking at in your situation. You'd also find rolex style cases of you look.

Or you could buy a built rep then disassemble it, clean and oil the me movement then rebuild it. Not quite the same satisfaction as building your own but at least you'll know everything will fit.

Good luck.

TimeConsuming

Horology Curious
18/7/22
Most 41mm cases will be large enough to fit the typical movements you'll want to be working with. The trick will be to get the correct spacer for the dial and movement you choose.

You'd be best off buying a kit that you can assemble, that way you'll know that the hands will fit the movement and that the dual will fit the case and can be fixed to the movement and that the correct spacer will be supplied to centralise the whole thing.

eBay and Aliexpress would likely be your best bets. You'll find homage style cases on both and you may find rep dials etc on Aliexpress but they're getting more difficult to find these days.

eBay item# 324341501562 is the kind of thing I'd be looking at in your situation. You'd also find rolex style cases of you look.

Or you could buy a built rep then disassemble it, clean and oil the me movement then rebuild it. Not quite the same satisfaction as building your own but at least you'll know everything will fit.

Good luck.
Hey - thank you!

Been looking around websites and have ordered everything i need. I think they will all match, fingers crossed! 🤞🏻