• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First attempt at bezel brushing...

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
As I continue to become more adventurous with performing modifications and minor repairs to my hoard of reps (mostly Panerai), I have realized that as long as you don't step outside of your capabilities for re-assembly you can get a lot done on your own.

I have invested in some nice basic equipment over the past few years such as Bergeron tools, a good adjustable magnifier light, dremel/attachments, bezel tool, xtal press, proper AP screw tools etc.

Today I had some free time and decided that I would spend a little time figuring out how to make the bezel of my diver look a little more presentable. I really don't remember where I got this diver from but for some reason I've always liked it - runs great, nice dial, inner bezel works.... So it's been worn and the bezel was showing some scars.

I researched and found the GREAT ALE's tutorial on bezel brushing and constructed a simple brushing jig similar to his instructions. I used 220 grit paper which I think achieved nice uniformed brush lines.

It was fun discovering how everything is compiled - I was particularly happy that I was able to reinstall the inner dive bezel and it still functioned.

Considering that I have never disassembled an AP ROO or removed/installed a crystal I'm quite happy with the result. I didn't think to take any 'before' pics, but here's the after.

Last edited:

VII

I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse
Supporter
Certified
14/10/23
Geneva
Looks great!

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified