• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fine tuning Speedmaster Bracelet?

5252rpm

Looking Around
19/7/10
I recently bought a Speedmaster Retro from TimeShop. I love the watch, but I am having one little problem with it; I can't seem to get the bracelet sizing right. With one sizing, it is too big to the point where I can easily spin it 360 degrees around my wrist. If i take off one link, it is too tight to the point where it limits wrist movement, it's painful, and it leaves an indentation of the entire watch all around my wrist.

My question is, is there a way that I can fine tune the size with the clasp? I noticed that there is an extra hole on the clasp that I am thinking I can use, but I want to get some expert advise before I ruin the watch.

content_round.php
9521815thickbox.jpg

The hole circled on the left is the one that the bracelet is currently in. The one on the right is the one I want it to be in. How do I do this?

tangle

5/8/09
UK
I think the stap can be adjusted using the pins you have marked in red, I will check on mine tonight, you could also start a "wanted" thread for the half link, it maybe a difference between a vintage and mordern speedmaster bracelet, I can not see from your photos if it is the same as mine.

If it is there should be using a simple spring bar keeping the strap on the clasp, just use a springbar tool to push it in and giggle it onto the next hole, generally you will need to push it from both end to move it, be careful as these suckers tend to spring loose and fly across the room and disappear, keep a thumb holding it in place as you push the bar ends in.

thanks

tangle

5/8/09
UK
Correction, the half link is on my PO bracelet. The only adjustment you have is on the second line of the holes.

robbnj

11/6/09
I have the same damn problem with too many watches (even when using the "fine" adjustments). I'm ready to make a velcro Zulu strap for every watch I own...

Yes, that second set of holes can be used as there should (emphasis on should) be a spring bar holding that link into the clasp.