• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finding my way to the SOSF club

Rainsick33

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
Early this month, I had the ultimate itch for an SOSF... bad! I dont know what it is, but it must be something good! ...

Anyways, I had dealt with Ryan before he became a TD,, hm I mean "Supporting Dealer" umm but F= that , hes my new Dealer, I thought I had a favorite dealer until Ryan showed up!. Anyways, prior to him becoming SA, He had sold me a watch box and it was shipped about an hour after I paid!, on a sunday! So to my surprise when I found out hes now in the game, sourcing watches for us junkies? hmmm, I must try him out..

So I did! I pm'd him about his opinion on the SOSF, whether he can source it and if his take on the 44mm size! biggest watch Ive own is 42 so I had to ask... He responded and gave me honest opinion, very quickly!~ Being said it was a hefty and big watch, It didnt stray me away, it only made me want it more ! (at least to give it a trial) ... SO the next best thing I can think of is...wait for it..... to try out the 21J! so I went ahead and told him my plans, he quickly set up payment and I paid. DONE!

About day go buy and he sents me QC or a blue 21J SOSF...When I saw it, it looked good, the blue was very light but case seems well enough, I gave the OK to ship. Then I caught one flaw, he quickly replied and said he missed it too. So now with the dial off color and other flaw, I ask what are my better options, he said to upgrade to Asian clone, So I agree, done! Paid and waited out.

Another 3 days passed and I got email from Ryan saying that factory mailed him the wrong dial color./// :frusty: Now I am going on a week and still faulty! but patience is key so I said no prob, just let me know when the correct one shows up! At this point, Ryan had me waiting for while now so he feels my pain and assures me the next day (clearly its jus marketing/comfort ploy) I said no prob.

After 4 days passed (with each day passing I wanted to give up on the order) Ryan had QC me the correct dial color SOSF I had requested! He assured me the Asian Clone would be worth it. I'd trust him and said no prob, OK to shipp! So he did.

Later that day he sends me tracking... day goes by and tracking doesnt work! getting antsy I waited another day before I contact him. He actually was wrong with tracking, he gave me correct one. I kept checking as day goes by, still nothing. Then on 3rd day i emailed him again to see if he knows the deal, he quickly apologize for making so many mistakes !! gave me last correct to tracking... and it worked! I thanked him and mention he needed a vacation :lol:

Anyways, long story short. I had placed another item with another dealer 2 days before Ryan and had asked if item can be here before Xmas and dealer said its only Dec 5, plenty of time! although that dealer was also quick and shipped out on the 7th and Ryan shipped out my item (at last!) on the 21st..... I managed to get Ryans delivery on (today) dec 24th, right before Xmas! meanwhile other package is still in custom!!!!

It was a long process but Ryan came out a winner with his fast response and even faster shipping (hows he do it?)

Thanks Ryan and thanks anyone whose reading this long ass thread :biglaugh:

IMG_4084.jpg

111.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

ippykaye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/11
Wow, beautiful piece! I'm partial to the white face and I think the 2836 clone is putting it in affordable territory :) Wear it well mate!