• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FIFTY FATHOMS TITANIUM BIG DATE BLACK

omegafan91

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
27/12/22
EU
Hello,
this is a short review of the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Titanium Big Date. I have both this watch because the normal one (normal date) was not available at the moment. So before I move it, I wanted to let you all know of the quality of this watch. Overall I like it very much - solid build quality, real titanium (as far as I can tell). The things I don't like are:
- the Big date consists of two disks. They have very different way of changing compared to the real one but work well. Because of how they work though, the two disks are at different space from the dial and the minute one feels a little bit distant. I personally don't like that but it works and is not really an issue
- the big date window is actually a 1-2mm smaller than the gen one
- the back side has some kind of a cover of the actual mechanism. The cover and the rotor mimic the gen one but up close it is obvious the are not real.
Apart from these the watch is very good quality. I have played with a gen one and can tell you that everything else from the front side feels very good and close to gen.

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
What factory is that? Movement is similar to GF Bathyscaphe decorated but doesn't look as well finished/convincing.

omegafan91

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
27/12/22
EU
The factory is HGF

Alfasud

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/19
My experience of big date reps is not good and the images above do not improve my opinion. The fact they are 'big' amplifies the alignment issues and font and are a mile off the rep in terms of presentation.