• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Feedback on rep quality & accuracy to gen

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Was going to get a Speedy calendar, but looks like nil stock and no more. That and it was the A7751 model, not renowned for it's long term accuracy.....

An alternative is the Speedy date.
http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/speedmaster-date-black-dial/

Can some of the more knowledgeable guys have a look and let me know what the tells are? Lume is fixable, will get that sorted. Might also get the A7750 serviced too. I'd like it to last a while.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
That's actually a really well-replicated watch. Not many people would be able to tell the difference. Main issues IMO are the crystal (a bit more reflective than the gen, could do with an AR job), the numbers on the bezel (but you'd have to look real hard to notice), the writing on the dial (again, only visible if you stare at the thing long and hard). That's what comes to mind.

stefanp67

Horology Curious
5/8/10
Thats an amazingly well replicated Speedy. The only thing i can spot is the happy feet logo on the dial (gen has straight feet). Inside it says Omega 3304 but it really should have said Omega 1164 (330x are tricompax layout that is subdials on 9-6-3). As rooster133 said i don't think you will get called out on that one.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Thanks guys! I also found some gen pics, the second markers are a little short and the happy feet seem to be the issues. What about the date font? Is that off?

If it bugs me, I could fit a gen dial, but it looks really good as is!

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
If I remember correctly the "retro" version of that model is the most accurate of all. Maybe have a look at that one too.