• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Favorite brand of reps to collect??

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
What's your favorite brand to collect??? Maybe not a mainstream watch like Rolex and Panerai....?? :D
Inquiring minds wanna know :wink:

Dutchy

Renowned Member
14/4/06
Right now Im having EXTREME fascination for VC and AP. The design, the ellegance and sportiness....it really is intriguing!!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Audemars Piguet. Not perfect rep but I think they look excellent, especially the RO line.

Dutchy

Renowned Member
14/4/06
takashi said:
Audemars Piguet. Not perfect rep but I think they look excellent, especially the RO line.

Are you starting again.....grrrrrr....... 8)

overboosted

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Lange, if there were more than one decent rep
Vintage Daytonas
IWC
VC

too bad only one of these four have very many decent reps :(

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
Panerai
Omega
Rolex
Lange
Patek
Breguet
Brietling (Thanks to By-Tor)

sevomd

Renowned Member
31/3/06
My top 3, in no particular order:

1. Panerai
2. Panerai
3. Panerai

But Tanfo's Rolex extravaganza is making me hanker for some Vintage Rollies.

Eddy

Dutchy

Renowned Member
14/4/06
sevomd said:
My top 3, in no particular order:

1. Panerai
2. Panerai
3. Panerai

But Tanfo's Rolex extravaganza is making me hanker for some Vintage Rollies.

Eddy

Why dont you like Panerai? :wink:

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
Omega
Pam
Rollies

Though I wish I had never bought the first Pam...... its worse than crack I tell ya! :wink: :D

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Breitling, Rolex, Omega and PAM are the most popular brands so obviously there are more high quality reps of those.

I have no favourite brand _to collect_. I'm always looking for variation. I'd like to see more good quality reps of fine brands like Zenith, TAG, Tudor and Ebel.

Why no decent rep of Zenith El Primero for example, the mother of all mechanical chronographs? Or TAG Aquagraph/Aquaracer 2000 Chronograph... or Tudor Submariner? I'm still waiting.

I'm pretty sure I'm completely done with Rolex. GMT and vintage Sub are the only models that I always wanted... and I have them.

I always try go for models that are convincing and not too "overboard". Like Daytona: I really like the looks of the modern Daytona but I don't want to wear a rep of a $10K watch. Probably 19 out of 20 Daytonas out there are fakes. Unfortunately the statistics for Submariner are very similar.

eLiNK

2/4/06
If I like a watch, it doesn't really matter how it is 'branded'.

Have
- VCs
- PPs
- FMs
- Omegas