• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fake VS Real Seamaster Bracelet Clasp! Post here!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Can you tell which one is real? IMHO, the rep is really really good.

braceletclaspxs1.jpg

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
If the one on the right is not the rep I'll be suprised. The etching is not as refined as the example on the left.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Seriously... without side by side comparison, I need to take really a closer look to determine whether it's real or fake. The fake is lacking the so called "quality" of the gen. From picture alone without comparison, one cannot tell exactly whether it's real or fake.

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
Without stopping to study it in hand no one would be able to tell.

What alway stands out to me on the reps clasp is that they can never get the "M" correct in Seamaster.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
OK, so who is on left, who is on right??????????????///

I can't tell sheeite, person or not person...

:shock:

nfs060

2/4/06
The left is the Gen. But honestly its not much different. The engraving is not as smooth. The gen is perfect.
Nice compare shot

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
I could see the difference in quality, but can't tell which is which.

It's scary how close they're though.

Joe.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
I'm actually quite shocked no-one has picked up on the obvious tell.

As always, you can spot a rep by the lack of tail on the M of SEAMASTER. In some cases, this is so different as to read SEANASTER.

There are a few other inconsistencies with the cursive text, like the S being too far away and the way the A joins the M, but that's the easiest to spot.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It's true that sometimes the m is not very accurate. However in this case, the rep bracelet clasp has excellent engraving. Yes... the left one is real.

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
Also you can figure it out by the SEAMSTER engraving

The Real one has S eamaster
The Fake one has S eamas ter

Greetings Navi :wink:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well... Sharp eyes :lol: I will take another bracelet picture. Forum members, if you have a close up shot of Seamaster bracelet, you can post it here.

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
takashi said:
Well... Sharp eyes :lol: I will take another bracelet picture. Forum members, if you have a close up shot of Seamaster bracelet, you can post it here.

Also sharp eyes :roll: but i know that most of the Seamaster bracelets have this problem [smilie=confused2.gif] that is the first thing i am looking on a Seamster

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Ok... Another test.

Fake or real? Post your thoughts please.

1:
dscn3759kw1.jpg

2:
dscn3756fh9.jpg

I will expand this thread in future to include all parts (i.e: Genuine Dial, Crown, Bezel, etc).

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
The first one is for 100% sure a fake
The second one i can not realy sure but i will say for 99% it is real, if it is a fake one than is is a very done fake

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Just food for thoughts... the reps bracelet (Omega Seamaster) seems to have rough finishing on the engraving, in contrary to the genuine... Navigater is right. The second one is real.

nfs060

2/4/06
I wonder if you took a metal brush to the rep bracelet it would smooth out the inside of the engraving. Also you can tell by the length of the seamaster, edge to edge.