• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fake on the bay

LessThanEqual

Horology Curious
1/2/13
Printed dials always have happy feet. I agree that the claps looks off but everything else seems fine.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
If you look at the pics. It seems to have a date alignment problem.

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
Printed happy feet okay, I think the clasp engraving is a bit dif on the gen titanium. I guess do to the material. Dunno that it's fake. Just different.

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
5/4/13
Perhaps it is real, then. "I bought this from an estate" alway makes me worry... No bidding anyway.

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
That is a franken. All the parts appear to be gen but the dial is incorrect for that model. It should have an "electric blue" dial (or similar) with triangles like the 2254 models.

Here is a steel version with the proper dial (LINK).

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
That is a franken. All the parts appear to be gen but the dial is incorrect for that model. It should have an "electric blue" dial (or similar) with triangles like the 2254 models.

Here is a steel version with the proper dial (LINK).

Actually you are correct. I didn't notice this at all.

It could have been the opposite, bezel change from blue to silver, but since its a titanium one it can be only a dial swap. He did keep the hands :lol:

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
Pap, I probably shouldn't give you any bad ideas but Ofrei sells a beautiful titanium gray dial that would make that watch look incredible (LINK). The dial is from a rare 2232.30.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Pap, I probably shouldn't give you any bad ideas but Ofrei sells a beautiful titanium gray dial that would make that watch look incredible (LINK). The dial is from a rare 2232.30.

I could say thats a hit below the belt but well, you all know me and my illness :lol:

Too many frankens on the way, too many, so i will have to pass on it :wyliehelp:

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
It looks like a gen to me and it's also possible a jeweler could have put aftermarket or the wrong parts in. Some jewelers are very, very ghetto.

This watch reminds me. There was a guy I was working under at the job I got laid off from... and he said that when he was young, his dad got him an Omega and the numbers on the bezel were engraved so he knew it was real. He said that if the numbers aren't engraved, it is a replica.

I was like... that's news to me because if you bring up any AD on the internet or walk into an AD...or even go to Omega's official site, most of the watches don't have anything engraved on the bezel whatsoever. And case in point with this watch in the auction, those numbers don't appear to be engraved they're more cast or something. There were gens like that.

I say this one is a gen because of the He valve position and the omega logo on the crown is very distinct and fine. It looks like a jewelery grade watch, not some old cheap rep. I'd say that the watch is fairly old and reps during that time probably weren't very accurate at all, much unlike what we can buy from trusted dealers on this forum today.