• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

fake? franken? gen? SMP pro? your thoughts

tetzumaru

24/10/08
hi guys can you help me identify if this one is a rep or a gen or franken.

thanks

also how much do you think is a fair price for a used smp pro

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
I'd say gen. About $1,500 for a very, very good auto. Though I did buy mine last year in mint condition with all the extras for about £900.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Absolutely terrible pics... the seller apparently doesn't have a slightest clue of watch photography. It looks genuine though.

Used prices depend on the condition of course.

Without papers and boxes + average condition (noticeable wear) = around 1K.
Good condition and all paperwork = around 1.4K.

These are TZ/WUS sales forum prices. If you're buying from commercial sellers you can add a few hundred bucks on top of that.

Good luck.

tetzumaru

24/10/08
thanks rooster what scares me about this model is we know that the gen dial fits perfect as well as the insert.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
don't worry about the gen dial and inserts. Just look at the angle and location of the HE valve.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
One small detail to finalize everyone's great advice, look at the tube - in pic 2 it looks like there are no threads . I have never taken a gen apart, but I can tell you that with the crown pulled out on a gen SMP you will not see threads on the tube (at least on my 2264 and black bond quartz they are somewhere else). The reps have a typical tube with threads.

+10 to what everyone else said.