• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer 39mm vs 36mm wristshots please...

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I've got an urge to get an Explorer. I'm thinking of bagging one of Trevor's excellent and superb value 36mm versions but I'm thinking, with a 7 inch wrist it might look a bit puny. Am I right in thinking the 39mm version has the wrong hands and lume? Are there any decent v3 green/thin hand versions around?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
7" wrist or there abouts. 39mm Explorer is still on the small side.

rCf5ih.jpg

eurK2h.jpg

Bardamu

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/11
Bonesey, are you sure that your Explorer I is 39 mm, and not 36 mm ? When I look at the length of the minutes hand, it seems to be 36 mm. Just like mine :

2eklnj9.jpg

I have very small wrists (15.5 cm which is just a litle bit more than 6"), and this 36 mm is perfect for me. But I have to say that it seems bigger than 36, not so different from my Sub, because of the thin bezel and wide crystal.

Paul

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Bonesey, are you sure that your Explorer I is 39 mm, and not 36 mm ? When I look at the length of the minutes hand, it seems to be 36 mm. Just like mine :

2eklnj9.jpg

I have very small wrists (15.5 cm which is just a litle bit more than 6"), and this 36 mm is perfect for me. But I have to say that it seems bigger than 36, not so different from my Sub, because of the thin bezel and wide crystal.

Paul

Very smart. Perfect size for you I'd say. From whom did you pick this up Paul?

Is it me or is Trevor's Asian clone Explorer I 36mm and his Swiss ETA version 37mm???

Bardamu

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/11
Very smart. Perfect size for you I'd say. From whom did you pick this up Paul?

Is it me or is Trevor's Asian clone Explorer I 36mm and his Swiss ETA version 37mm???

Yes, that's this watch. It is mentionned 37 mm on the website, but actual size is 36 mm. It is said to be a genuine Swiss ETA, but I didn't open to check. I would have choosen an Asian ETA, but this option didn't exist.

It's perfect for the size of my (so small) wrist, but could fit also for people with larger wrist, looking for a classical and dressy watch.

Lume is VERY GOOD, and green. Lume is blue on the new 39 mm Explo I.

Paul

Another pic :

ddlzfa.jpg

Really, I love this watch. I wear it most of the time.

Paul

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11

2eklnj9.jpg

Paul

Yup. Definitely 39mm mate.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
It wears bigger due to the lack of bezel. I reckon I'll go for the 36mm version as a dressy suit watch. My wrist is a fraction bigger than yours - this is the 39mm v3 from Trevor...

DSC01132.jpg

The 36mm is the closer-to-gen of the two IMO. Both are solid watches.

giobo

Respected Member
6/5/10
Yes the 36 is better..Much close..Ed where did you got your 39mm??

mikeyp

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/11
39mm on 7,5 wrist

ab2a68fe.jpg

Oh that's very very nice indeed you have similar wrist size to me which is good as I thought it would be too small

Definately Next on the list

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Yes the 36 is better..Much close..Ed where did you got your 39mm??

Just curious as to why your saying the 36 mm is closer to gen ? Int to here whats not so close about the 39mm

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

giobo

Respected Member
6/5/10
Yes...
The 39mm has wrong rehaut engraving,dial shade,Sels size,lugs shape and sel fit ..These at the first sight...But it is a great rep!!!I am becoming geek sometimes but this stuff is hard to tell and pointless in a kind of way..
36mm is nearly perfect...But there are different versions...Bardamu has the correct one..

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/member.php?u=42425

specialforce

Getting To Know The Place
27/5/12
Yes...
The 39mm has wrong rehaut engraving,dial shade,Sels size,lugs shape and sel fit ..These at the first sight...But it is a great rep!!!I am becoming geek sometimes but this stuff is hard to tell and pointless in a kind of way..
36mm is nearly perfect...But there are different versions...Bardamu has the correct one..

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/member.php?u=42425

Hi Giobo,

Do you have a photo of it? Urgent need a 36mm explorer, no need laser crown at 6, no need rehaut engraving.

khanage

Getting To Know The Place
8/6/11
Guys, this is a brief review of the Asian 2836 Explorer I bought from Trevor.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=100889

As Giobo rightly said there are different versions...we both bought from Trevor yet mine is only 35mm wide and I believe Giobo's was 37mm! It could be Giobo's is the Swiss like Bardamu's, but you could fire him a pm just to make sure.

Read it all the way through as it makes for interesting reading....honest!

Specialforce....the 36mm doesn't have engraved rehaut (just tell people it's a pre 2009 model!) and the laser crown at 6 is perfect, i.e hardly noticeable, just like the gen.