• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Expandable Rivet Bracelet - How to adjust?

RoXeW22

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
27/6/22
I have a set of NOS Swiss Expandable Rivet Bracelets made by RXW (Ken Sato) from back in the day, if you were familiar with his Panerai/Rolex homages. Top-notch stuff. These bracelets are meant to be in the style of vintage Rolex 6636 bracelets - with rivets, expandable, and folded clasp. That said...

The bracelets do have removable links, but once those are removed, I'm still left with 5 links on each side, when I really need 4 links to fit my 6.2" wrist.

Based on these pictures:
  1. How could this bracelet manually be adjusted to 4 links (assuming one lifts the folded parts and fits them back OR manually removed the rivet/springs)?
  2. Is there anyone (US-based preferably) who could do this for me? Would rather not mess this up

Last edited:

geoffdragon

Supporter
Certified
18/5/21
Uk
Two ways,
1. Remove the rivets, jewellers tape to protect the links, razor blade, ease the rivet out.
2. DONT do this method because they never go back right, bend open the middle sections...

Either method, springs flying, rivets broken, bends, dents, scratches..... you are right to find a skilled person

3rd and best method, eat more.

Good luck, it sure is a beautiful bracelet.

RoXeW22

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
27/6/22
Thanks @geoffdragon and @Karbon74 . Sounds like I need a riveting master to do this...the question is where/how at a reasonable cost

The other thing is that this bracelet tapers from 20mm to 17mm or so, so I'm also not sure which link should be taken out.
:unsure:

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
how many do you need to remove? one on each side of the clasp?
I would remove the second one on the 12 oclock side so that you have one full link of adjustment at the clasp.

I have adjusted folded link oysters before but not the stretch rivets. I am not even sure how those springs are held in. however I would dissect one of the links you have no plan on using and see how it functions first. If you damage one or loose springs on the bracelet, it would most likely render the bracelet useless because the spring will no longer hold it in position. these are assumptions as I have not worked with a stretch rivet. You should be able to salvage parts from the spare links if you damage or loose parts .

Bending the tabs on the underside of the link can be challenging but as long as you are not a gorilla about it.. it should be able to be bent back into reasonable position. go slow and easy.

Reactions: Karbon74

WatchN3RD

I supported. Doesn't make me an expert!
Gold Patron
24/7/18
Can't you remove the first FULL link closest to the clasp? I can't tell from the pictures if that would work on both sides of the clasp or only one.
If the widest links that attach to the spring bars are removed, are the remaining links 19mm wide?

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
That's how the Rolex dealers did it back then. Flat head screwdriver and open up the center link. I've had many genuine 7206 that were just mangled from screwdrivers and knives. If you open the link the springs won't fall out. They are like leaf springs jammed in there.