• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[EU] need help - removing fixed screw from bracelet (AP ROO 42mm)

weathermanGTS

Load "*",8,1
Patron
Certified
8/9/21
EU | CH
I need support with my watch. I have an AP ROO 42mm with SS bracelet. I need to change the strap but there is one last screw which doesn't want to be removed. Unfortunately the screwhead is now almost flat, so that the screwdriver has no real grip anymore.

I already tried to heat this part, but I am not able to remove the screw.

So, is anyone able to remove that screw? In worst case with even destroying the screw (but please not the thread ;) )

I would send it to EU countries for "repair" and pay you of course for that service...

• Wow
Reactions: TESLA760

weathermanGTS

Load "*",8,1
Patron
Certified
8/9/21
EU | CH
yes, hopefully there is a better solution for that ;) otherwise I am also willing to sell this Panda with the braclet, but first I wanted to see if I can rescue it ;)

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
yes, hopefully there is a better solution for that ;) otherwise I am also willing to sell this Panda with the braclet, but first I wanted to see if I can rescue it ;)
I noticed this happening when you let the watches sit for a while without swapping bracelets / straps. My incident cost me a watch, and a very nice strap that I could no longer source. As the years go by it seems like the screws seize up on the AP's.

weathermanGTS

Load "*",8,1
Patron
Certified
8/9/21
EU | CH
I noticed this happening when you let the watches sit for a while without swapping bracelets / straps. My incident cost me a watch, and a very nice strap that I could no longer source. As the years go by it seems like the screws seize up on the AP's.

I fully agree on that observation. This is already my 2nd AP ROO with one resisting screw

• Sad
Reactions: TESLA760

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Had that happen to me as well.
The screw was literally rusted in, so no bueno and had to drill out the screw.
Luckily, and this may be helpful to you, at least on the 42mm 15703, there’s an inserted tube with the thread, it is not directly tapped into the case, which means it may be salvageable even after drilling it out. Cannot confirm on the ROOs tho..

Micolash

Supporter
Certified
11/3/23
EU
I have the same problem on my 15400. From what I read here, it seems to be a more common thing than I thought :confused:
I'm following the thread to see if anyone comes up with a solution that won't damage the watch

weathermanGTS

Load "*",8,1
Patron
Certified
8/9/21
EU | CH
In the case above, I sold the watch to someone who wants to keep the bracelet. So we found a solution for that...

but yes, it's really a common thing. I also had the very same issue with a new ZF 15500 AP! There was one screw which just didn't move anymore...