• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ETA stopped

parisman123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/06
I bought a brand new constillation from Joshua for $258, and I haven't worn it but I had set the time. Three days later (today) the watch stopped. I set the time again, and it stopped again after a few hours. What is wrong?

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
parisman123 said:
I bought a brand new constillation from Joshua for $258, and I haven't worn it

You know... that might be the problem there. ETA is an automatic movement and it requires winding... either from wearing the watch (hand movement)... or winding it manually.

I really want to believe you knew this already... and the watch has a real problem. It's very rare to run into any problems with standard ETAs though. Usually there's something else... like the caseback or attachment screws preventing the rotor to turn, etc.

canuck88

25/3/06
Hopefully this is just a case of you not understanding automatic watches... if you have been wearing it constantly during that period and it still stopped, then there's a problem and you should contact joshua.

D

d4m.test

They do nice quartz watches in Wal-Mart.... 8)

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
I once sold some guy a (cheap) Seamaster. He kept emailing me to say that every time he picked it up to wear, it'd go for 1-5 minutes and stop. Then he said he pulled out the crown and it stopped completely.
I told him to gently shake the watch a number of times and gently screw the crown back in.

He sent the watch back and guess what - the moron :x had pulled the crown out with a set of PLIERS, and damaged the crown, case, screw thread and movt beyond repair. Sometimes I wonder if I should include instructions with every watch??? :roll:

glitch

Known Member
20/3/06
I bought a brand new constillation ... Three days later (today) the watch stopped. I set the time again, and it stopped again after a few hours. What is wrong?

Is it April Fool's Day? This is a joke, right?