• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ETA 2824 (?) Swiss or Asian?

1MoreWatch

Supporter
Certified
15/10/22
Detroit
I was browsing watches on an auction site (surprising, I know:LOL:) and I came upon this Lucien Piccard Automatic. There is only one good picture of the back, but looks like gen ETA.

I am in need of a 2824 for a movement swap, could this be it?
It's not getting a lot of bid action and listed as a woman's watch. The case is about 36mm according to the listing.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
What's the price? You can get a brand new ETA 2824 from star time for $ 209. Odds are that one will need a service at some point sooner based on the dial side appearance.

HootschiGootschi

„105 OR 1=1“
Patron
Certified
6/2/19
HG in da house
Hard to tell if it is an original ETA, based on what you can see on the picture.
(Could be one, but could be replaced with an Asian version too)

To watch out for the ETA stamps is a safer bet.
To get a New one from a reliable dealer is the better way

HnzqNv.jpeg

1MoreWatch

Supporter
Certified
15/10/22
Detroit
What's the price? You can get a brand new ETA 2824 from star time for $ 209. Odds are that one will need a service at some point sooner based on the dial side appearance.
Right now the bid is $49. There are 3 days left in the auction. I’m going to follow it, if I can get it for less than $80 it would be worth the risk to me. Other than that, yeah, just get a new one or Sellita.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Right now the bid is $49. There are 3 days left in the auction. I’m going to follow it, if I can get it for less than $80 it would be worth the risk to me. Other than that, yeah, just get a new one or Sellita.
At that price, I'd be on it too.... best of luck!