• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ETA 2824-2 clone with removed date disc only runs for 30 minutes

Remrem

Getting To Know The Place
12/8/18
Help

after installing the Asian 2824-2 clone movement in my case set from raffle dial ( the 114060 submariner for eta2824). the movement stops after 30 minutes. It has been wound 50 times so it sho be fully wound

My watch maker (self taught) took out the date function and installed the 2-click “thing” on the movement, the movement worked fine, and all the electronic readings on the movement are fine too.

i know he had to do something to make the movement sit firmly in the case. Whether it’s is because the case set from Rafles doesn’t come with or need a movement holder - and something has injured the movement during the fitting process I dont know.

Input and ideas are much appreciated

in advance thank you

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Many times right after a recasing it can be that the hands are making contact with one another and need to be reseated.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
It could be for many reasons.

You can remove the movement, put it inside the movement protective case, and let it run by itself (in different angles) to see if it can run for hours.

If the movement runs fine outside of the case, then it could be because of various things. Common issues i have encountered:
1. the seconds hand is touching the crystal and/ or
2. the movement tab/ ring is bending the movement a lot (and therefore the movement tab/ ring needs changing/ modifying slightly).

Reactions: DeLoMan