• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Seawolf (H Maker) broke this morning...

71bucks

18/5/10
As you can see in the pictures, the hour and minute hands are out of sync. Happened this morning: I went to change the time and the minute hand moved but the hour hand did not; eventually the hour hand started moving but at that point the hands were out of sync. The crown functions never did seem right from the time I got it (a week ago): it didn't behave as I expected, for example, with the crown in the date changing position the date wouldn't change or with the crown in the time change position the hands wouldn't move.

Here's a link to the exact watch I purchased: http://www.intime01.co/breitling/27...n-superlumed-black-dial-on-bracelet-a25j.html

Not sure what to do at this point - I really don't want to bother the TD I got this from. I suppose I could send it to a rep-friendly repair place to get worked on...or maybe I could replace the movement myself (might not be a bad thing to learn how to do - I'm mechanically inclined and would be willing to buy whatever tools needed).

Anyone have any thoughts on what they would do in this situation? Any thoughts on what movements I could purchase that might be a direct replacement? (the "A25J" in the description doesn't seem to be the whole description of the movement)

Thank you so much!

arosen74

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/17
Sweden
Sorry to hear about you're broken watch.

Contact Ryan at InTime and he will help you. Of course you will have to pay the freight cost yourself but Ryan will do whatever he can to help.
My Daytona stopped working so I contacted Ryan who told me to send it back. 2 weeks later it was repaired and on it's way back to Sweden.

But if you want this issue to be resolved quickly then i'll guess you have to contact any of the trusted repair guys on RWI

71bucks

18/5/10
Thanks - I actually wouldn't mind taking a shot at replacing the movement (entirely) myself. Doesn't seem too difficult. I just don't know what movement I'd get to replace this one with...2824?

71bucks

18/5/10
There is an h factory version that supposedly has a Swiss eta 2836 in it, which I think is just a 2824 with the day added to it (which isn't necessary in this watch)...don't know if that would be a straight swap into this watch I have or not.

WMSuisse

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/12/16
The new breed movement will not directly swap out for ETA. Hands will not swap. Also you would need a Breitling DW swapped onto the replacement ETA. gen hands can be had and would fit the ETA clone. This is the problem with those movements, they are unreliable and leave a messy repair job in their wake.