• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Enjoying my 45mm Blk ETA Lite PO from Andrew, impressions...

rapidascent

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/06
Well I have had my new PO Asian eta lite for about a week now and it has stayed on my wrist the whole time except for showers. This is a great deal and I am very impressed. I had mistakenly ordered the 21J PO and had to reorder the Lite version and I had both for a short time so I was able to compare them. I had wanted the lite version because of the 22mm bracelet. The 21J version has the 20mm bracelet, with them side by side I could barely tell the difference but I had tried on the Gen PO on a recent cruise and I kept the Lite and sold the unused 21j version to a fellow forum member, hope it has arrived in GB by now. :)
On to the Lite version because I did not compare it to the 21j except for the bracelet.
Lume - This is the best lume I have seen on a rep, the thing glows all night maybe I am just lucky but it seems to have been done with superluminova!
Xtal - I love the domed crystal, anti reflective works well and I hope it is saffire but I will be careful anyway.
Dial and hands - Wow this is very legible and the hands are long not like my first PO version 2 or 3 maybe bought last year, again I can read this thing without my reading glasses like my gen 6309 diver, a real plus and the dial size is huge.
Bezel - What is not to like on this, lines up and clicks firmly but not to stiff and the side view is a thing of beauty it you admire dive watches like I do.
Bracelet - This is a real strong point for me the curved profile on this band is the big draw for me and it is very close to the gen, maybe a little more gappy between the links but still outstanding quality. I did break the fixed pin on the clasp while adjusting this beast and my ghetto fix is hysterical I will post some pics later but a pin from my wife pincushion worked like a charm.

Overall this is the best rep I have owned in my small experience but IMO this is a beauty, I wish I knew the WR on this as it would make a great dive watch.
How can the rep factories get this close? Are the Omegas built in China? and the rep factories get the extra parts, fuel for speculation anyway.

Cheers
Dave

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
i have also one of the asian PO's and it's keeping good time.

i also pressure tested it up to 6atm (60m), they are 100% waterproof.

enjoy your watch.

29.jpg

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
fleed said:
i have also one of the asian PO's and it's keeping good time.

i also pressure tested it up to 6atm (60m), they are 100% waterproof.

Really? I will be trying this bad boy out in the pool next weekend.

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
Your PO looks pretty cool with the NATO strap.....I may give it a try too.
Glad you love the u.PO, I think this is one of the rep with fewest failure/flaws on the market i that price range.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
If you get a good one its an outstanding value. I have both the black and orange versions.

digitalgulby

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/07
I got mine recently and I am loving it. Draws lots of compliments. Keeps great time too. I've been wearing it for 5 days now.

Love it!

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I have the black dial/bezel with orange numbers and the pumpkin is on the way!!! :D :D

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
Me too.

Mine is a good one too and has been on my wrist for over a week now.

Here it is.

Nice to be in the Asian Clones Club

po1.jpg

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
welcome to the club....it's members are highly intelligent and discerning individuals :wink:

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
snielsen said:
welcome to the club....it's members are highly intelligent and discerning individuals :wink:

And what about that exclusive club of yours with that hot avatar??

HHHMMMM 8) 8) 8)