• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EMBER Heritage Submariner 6538 (Big Crown) Rep

sonoffrog

12/7/16
Hi guys

So after making my first TD purchase I'm looking to build the collection and a sub would fit great but I'm not too interested in the standard subs so looking for something with a vintage vibe but with preferably a 2836 movement and modern oyster bracelet (I much prefer the modern) and started looking into the Heritage models...

I know Bamford had a similar big crown model and have seen the rep version, but I prefer this one which (correct me if I'm wrong) is a rep of the "Ember 6538" heritage model...

I think it's beautiful and has just enough of a Vintage look but with modern functionality.
Shame they removed the bezel pearl but other than that I like it...

I've noticed a few minor things like the coin edge being slightly more recessed but any other critical flaws?
Maybe someone who has one of these can chime in here or direct me to another thread, I did do a search but didn't find much...

Rep:
http://supermirror.net/content/?309.html

Gen: Tempus Machina 216A
https://tempus-machina.com/products/tempus-machina-216a

Gen: Ember 6538 Heritage
f3b815c28abdfb8e78728afdc0165677.jpg

75487eeef2e74df815996188ab47334d.jpg

Sent from the RWI mobile app

randomstring

5/1/13
It looks like the rep bezel is printed aluminum, not ceramic. If I were in the market for a modern Rolex tool watch, I'd want ceramic for sure. That beefed-up coin edge bezel is dope though.

The black bay black has a somewhat similar vibe.

sonoffrog

12/7/16
Just noticed I posted in the wrong section, Not great with this iPhone app,
Mods if you see this can you please move to the Rolex/Tudor Replicas section.

Hoping to get more info and thoughts on this model,
The rep version is claiming to have a Ceramic bezel and a 2836, at this price seems a bargain.

Sent from the RWI mobile app [emoji636]