• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dustin the Epicure Dizzle Nizzle

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
:dustin: sent me a care package. My phone and camera were out of order but trust me, I was pleasantly surprised. I will pay it forward buddy! You are very generous and a great friend. Thank you.

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
NP. I look forward to the review when you get the time. You might like the Boli more, as its more of a full flavor smoke.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The Epicure was a delight-ful smoke. Even burn to the nub. Light on the pallet and a great smoke to drink with an aperitif. Leathery but not overwhelming. I also got a hinge of spice toward the end. Very subtle. I can see why you enjoy them. I like the fact that you know my tastes as well.

Thanks again. I will hit the other later this week maybe.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
My boy Datsun sent me A Fuente grand reserve a while back. Just now got around to smoking it. I am a fan of the brand ever since I went to Tampa Sweethearts and met Jr. they are quality smokes. This particular smoke had a good draw, even burn, velvety silver blue smoke and was on the mid to medium scale. At first I thought it would be a little weak in the knees but after a few exchanges I found out how complex this cigar really is. I paired it with some VSOP that I had left over from 1999. Vanilla Gorilla hit me right away with a slight smack of pepper, not over the top though. About midway through I started to notice it was getting buttery. Still smoking it now. Lol will report back after a while. Btw, Cognac will nip you're noggin so be careful. ;)
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Those are one of my favorite smokes to have during a round of golf or other activity just because they are smooth, easy smoking, and consistent. They are definitely in the mild/medium range.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the Boli.

tflgee

1/9/09
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Those are one of my favorite smokes to have during a round of golf or other activity just because they are smooth, easy smoking, and consistent. They are definitely in the mild/medium range.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the Boli.

I thought I had one of those in the Humidor but I didn't. I'll have to try one next time I place an order with CI. My favorite golf smokes are still the Gurka Park Avenue or the Perdomo Champagne reserve. Last Friday I took a Man-o-War Virtue and a Hoya Excalibur as my golf smokes and I enjoyed both of those. I played like crap but the smokes were good:golf:

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
I order from one of a few trusted suppliers in Switzerland and/or Spain. They will ship over here, never had a problem with it.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
There was a place in Del Mar that I used to buy my contraband from. The building was sold and they moved. It was so nice. They had their private stash for the regulars.

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
There are a couple places I have stopped by in the La Jolla/Del Mar areas that try to pass off fakes. Pisses me off when I see them...

I have some decent habanos, if you are looking for anything in particular let me know.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I'm heading to a Conventon up in Laguna tomorrow. I wish I would've contacted you earlier. I'm up to my elbows in work before I leave :(