• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does the UPO still exist ?

GingerNinja

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/09
Only 14 days till pay day & can order myself a nice UPO.

However .... does the " UPO " still exist ?

I read a thread on here the other day regarding incorrect spacing etc on the dial.

Does this mean the UPO is not so U anymore ?

takeo

12/9/09
I would say, "no" it used to be that the orange numbered dial was fine, but not so anymore. Too bad for me since I was THIS close to buying one

if anyone knows, it has to be D4M

GingerNinja

14/12/09
Bugger !

What now .... any other watches which are as close to the gen as the UPO ?

takeo

12/9/09
Check out the Rolex section. There's some really nice ones out.

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
My suggestion would probably be a Tag; see if any of those take your fancy.

I think if your concern is accuracy, you may have to spend a lot of money on one out-the-box, and/or time and money on some modification.

If you're worried about getting called out, maybe look at some of the more 'obscure' brands - perhaps one of the new APs, UNs or Hublots may be more to your tastes than Rolex - although, anyone who knows about these things would spot the fake as soon as they get close to it, great replication or not. And those who don't know anything aren't that likely to call you out.

Good luck with finding what you're after!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Breitling SOSF with ETA movement. Arguably one of the best reps available. Similar in size and style to the UPO.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
yes sosf is nice, but the price is so high for what you get IMO

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
There's a nice Ebel 1911 Discovery for sale on RWI... It seems to be a pretty good rep.