• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone make a decent SMP sword hands?

appled

Known Member
26/8/10
Hi,

I posted recently in the 'flame free zone' about my current 'must buy' shortlist, and someone suggested I post a question here about my no. 1 choice -

I am looking for an Omega Seamaster Professional, 'sword hands' - like the one in this picture. I am looking for a 'daily beater' so nothing too flash, and probably with a 21J movement:

item.jpg

Trouble is, I can't find a good one. Despite all the trusted dealers usually having the same watches, this does seem to be a bit of an exception, they all seem a bit different (and quite a bit wrong) - maybe they are copies of slightly different models, but the differences include: case size too small, hands too short, no He valve, different bezel, white border around date (seems to be right on the 'triangle on stilts hands' versions), no '300m' marking, poor wave pattern on dial, etc, etc... Am I just being too fussy??

By-tor's (extremely useful) guide to Omega reps lists it as existing as a decent rep albeit with some errors, but there are no reviews available (once I get one, I will do a review, promise!)

If anyone knows where I could get a decent version with A21J, please let me know!!

Thanks!

appled

Known Member
26/8/10
@ostatecowboy - thanks for the response, you read my mind as I already tried timesshops - the one you link to is out of stock (and they have no more detailed pictures)....The other link is a GMT which I may go for if I cant find the SMP, but I dont think the GMT hand works properly with an A21J movement....

ostatecowboy67

Known Member
28/7/10
Sorry about that. You have e-mailed Mark, TimeShop, to see if he can get it? Here is his email address. [email protected]. If you find one give me a shout, as I also would like to have one. But, I want a sapphire crystal if possible. I emailed Stan, WBK, to see if he can find one. If he writes back with success I will let you know. Good luck.

appled

Known Member
26/8/10
I emailed Jamie at Timeshops for more photos, he said he could not send me any unless I first bought the watch. I asked if he could get pictures from the factory to update the website instead (there is only one pic and very small), he then told me that he could no longer get Hold of the watch. Have pm'ed time4Direct, but no response yet.
I will let you know how I get on in the search, hopefully between us we should crack it!!

ostatecowboy67

Known Member
28/7/10
Hey, I just went to the site and was able to add the first watch to my cart. I also was able to add the second one to the cart, and if you click on the pictures it will bring up a lot larger one. I also remember having looked as some from Lay, but not that specific model. But, here is something cool about Lay. If he doesn't have it, and he finds it for you, he will waterproof it for free and you get 1 year free VIP membership. Lay is at Replicamake.com.

Here is the link for info on that.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/want-watch-but-dont-see-55018

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
If the dealer won't send you a picture of the watch you are buying and that your request, then find another dealer who will.

Time4direct/Robert is a dealer who is more for seasoned vet's and he won't hold your hand or send you a picture of your watch unless you pay him extra to do so. Even then, he has other watches to sell so he will likely decline. So if this is your 1st rep, you might want to consider another dealer. Said with total respect for Robert.

I probably shouldn't show bias either way toward any dealer buy you nice folks need to learn the in's and out's of this hobby.

As to the watch, any dealer can get that watch. The Helium valve will be lined up with the 10 marker which is inaccurate. It really bothers some folks and some folks aren't bothered at all by it. I would recommend the black GMT if it does bother you.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
Alright....please don't take this the wrong way - but maybe you are being a bit too "fussy" (or just looking at the wrong watches).

The model you are after is the Omega 2254. I have both the rep and gen (quartz 2264) of that watch. Yes, there are some minor issues with each 2254 rep (there are certainly more accurate reps out there than the 2254). That said, here is the one I bought from Hont.

SMP300bought-1.jpg

The only thing I fixed was the bezel (the pearl was not centered in the pic / the watch he sent), so I replaced the bezel insert with one that had a centered pearl. I can hold them side by side to people and they cannot tell the rep from the gen (of course I can, different waves, bad pearl, He valve off, etc... etc... - but for $100 who cares).

You'll like the watch! Forget about focusing on some of the slight issues because they don't make a super rep of that watch. Just get it and enjoy it - it makes a perfect daily beater!!!

P.S. I clicked on one of the links above and got:

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=564

I have bought watches from Mark, so I certainly mean no disrespect (and I can't get the pic to enlarge) - but that picture looks like a gen pic to me (proper He, good pearl, perfect hands, etc...). I have not yet seen a rep of the 2254 that is that accurate. Again, no disrespect to Mark intended - he is a Trusted Dealer here. Maybe he has gotten his hands on the perfect 2254 rep (and for $68, I'd buy 10 of them and re-sell them - lol).

appled

Known Member
26/8/10
Thanks guys, great advice.

I was going to try hont next, I read in the forums that he can source any watch, although he does not have this particular Omega on his website.

Jmd33- your rep looks great, I will see if he can get me one.

Maybe I am being too fussy - I was a bit disappointed with my first rep (this will be my second) so want to be happy this time. However, I think I am looking at the wrong watches too- most of the watches I have seen on the AD websites have had some big problems: no He valve at all, really short hands, a white box around the date, etc.

Thanks again...

appled

Known Member
26/8/10
Hont has just emailed, he can still get a 21J version if anyone interested...

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
How it is compared to the one from timesshop ?

price includes shipping ?

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
How it is compared to the one from timesshop ?

price includes shipping ?

Always pick your dealer, then the watch. All dealers can get the same watch. Some dealers may be $20, cheaper but they usually drop ship. Nothing wrong with that, it's faster, but very little QC. Some dealers charge a little more, but with that you usually get better service and personal QC of your watch. Either way, the price of same watch (i.e. same movement, etc...) won't vary too much (maybe $20-$25). So, always pick your dealer first.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Always pick your dealer, then the watch. All dealers can get the same watch. Some dealers may be $20, cheaper but they usually drop ship. Nothing wrong with that, it's faster, but very little QC. Some dealers charge a little more, but with that you usually get better service and personal QC of your watch. Either way, the price of same watch (i.e. same movement, etc...) won't vary too much (maybe $20-$25). So, always pick your dealer first.

Who would you recommend of the mentioned ones ? Could you PM me ?