• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone have a Porsche P6340 quartz? I can't change the

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
This should be easy and maybe I just have a faulty watch but I have the Quartz version Porsche Flat 6 P6340 watch.

I would expect the day to change like it does on a 7750 - you pull the stem half way out and turn. Turning upwards changes the date and downwards the day.

This doesn't work though - the date changes but not the day. Is is faulty? I can't see how else it would change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Re: Does anyone have a Porsche P6340 quartz? I can't change the

does the day change automatically when the hands are rotated through a 24 hour cycle?

Orion

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/08

I do not have that particular model,but I have 2 quartz watches that there is only a quick set for the date that works exactly as you describe.You have to turn the hands past 24 hours to set the day.
As long as the day is changing when the watch goes past 24 hours it should be ok.

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06

levelmanroger said:
does the day change automatically when the hands are rotated through a 24 hour cycle?

It does indeed!!!

I can't believe that flipping it around 24 hours is the only way to change the day though.

Orion

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/08

Once you set the day,you never have to set it again unless the battery runs out.The date ,on the other hand has to be reset a couple of times a year unless you have a perpetual calender watch.

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06

Put like that - it makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the advice.