• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does 4th gen PO have AR?

rek001

16/3/06
I'm thinking of getting Andrew's PO - orange bezel with black rubber strap, an unusual combo, but I think it will look really cool.
So, does the latest gen have an AR coated crystal, which I undestand is excellent on the genuine?
If not, is it possible to get it done after purchase?
Thanks very much!

D

d4m.test

Uh, 5th generation?
I thought Andrew's , the one he introduced a few days ago, was the latest and greatest?
Where is Neil showing this 5th gen?
Thanks!

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
I don't believe the 5th version is out just yet, but from what Neil says it is going to be pretty damn near perfect.

D

d4m.test

Oh yeah, now I remember, Neil said a 45mm PO is coming soon.
Unfortunately, I can't wear that size, I've got skinny wrist, 42mm is as big as I can go.

But, back to my question - anyone receive the 4th gen PO yet?

If yes, does it have AR coating? If not, can it be done as a mod, and where?

Thank you!

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
I understand that adding AR coating is pretty expensive.

I know that you could change out the crystal for a gen on most of the SMPs, that may be possible on the POs.

rek001

16/3/06
Does anyone know how much a genuine crystal would cost?
Thanks very much.

manuel

Horology Curious
22/3/06
and where can we get them?
I have a small wrist also...
so is this the last chance for us, small wrists?

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
Anonymous said:
Oh yeah, now I remember, Neil said a 45mm PO is coming soon.
Unfortunately, I can't wear that size, I've got skinny wrist, 42mm is as big as I can go.

But, back to my question - anyone receive the 4th gen PO yet?

If yes, does it have AR coating? If not, can it be done as a mod, and where?

Thank you!

I ordered one, but it has not come yet. I did read on one of the other forums that it has an AR coating.

BTW: Andrew already has the 45mm PO.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
i did a post on this, go look its on all the boards, trc has more talk with it , and yes it has a slight ar coating i took some pics of the coating for u guys to see, it is a slight blue/purple hue to it more bluish to me actually

willster

Renowned Member
15/3/06
my 4th gen PO coming from Andrew as well...didnt ask him but read that it doews have an AR coating

casey

Horology Curious
6/4/06
Mine is the 4th batch and it does have a slight AR coating. I also ordered a rubber strap with mine, but it does not feel as nice as the real deal and it is not as thick nor does it say planet ocean on the inside off the strap. If I were you I would stick with the bracelet because it looks real and feels better than the real one after a good polishing and oiling.